Verizon won't let me cancel ! CRIMINAL & UNETHICAL
Florence321
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am an 88 year old woman trying to cancel my Verizon services. However every time I call I get hung up on, put on hold for endless times, transferred to the wrong department, system is updating, system is down due to a storm, etc..I have been given almost every excuse known to man. They simply won't cancel my service upon my request. This is very unethical behavior and no way to treat an elderly woman. This whole situation has me very upset. I will be notifying the Public Utility Commission along with our local congressmen.

*** I want to add that when Verizon sees these types of posts from upset customers they lock them and hide/delete them so others cannot see/post to them.

Sincerely,

Florence T.

Glenolden, Pennsylvania

Re: Verizon won't let me cancel ! CRIMINAL & UNETHICAL
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

You can cancel Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm (ET) by calling 1-844-837-2262. You'll need to provide your account number to cancel Fios, so have that handy when you call.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Or try at this site https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

they have a good track record on helping Verizon customers.

0 Likes
george228
Enthusiast - Level 1

She doesn't need your hours of operation..She said she is getting the run around..And Verizon has a history of doing this to customers. Someone should reach out to Florence by telephone. But they don't make it easy to cancel! There are numerous complains like this. Such a disgrace.

0 Likes
george228
Enthusiast - Level 1

yea thanks but I dont think dslreports.com is going to process her cancelation...

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@george228 wrote:

yea thanks but I dont think dslreports.com is going to process her cancelation...

They may be able to give the lady a better number to call. They may also be able to effect the cancellation. Yes I know they want people to jump through the phone tree.

then try and trick you into staying. But who knows what the Verizon help people can do at dsl reports.

0 Likes