Very Disappointed in verizon, this seems fradulant
Chase9

We have recently moved to another house.  When we moved we changed services and went from 4 set top boxs just to one and downgraded our plan.  At the time of the new order the representative stated he would send boxes out to return our old equipment.  After a week we had not received the boxes I called back and the represenstative said that order was never completed and would be sending out new boxes for return.  Well after another week we still have not received the boxes and got our bill today and they have charged us for the set boxes that have not been returned even though they have not been in use.  I called to dispute the charges and the 'supervisor" said the best he could do was give us 50% off the charges for the non returned set top boxes dispite it being their error for us not receiving the boxes.  This just seems crazy that they are charging customers for set top boxes that have not been in use and have not been returned because they can not get the return boxes sent out correctly.  So this is the customers fault??............Why would they have any incentive to send out boxes to customers for return when they can just blame it on "human error" and tell customers they don't know why they wer enot sent out but that you the customer will be at least 50% responsible for the monthly charges of these unused boxes.  This just really blow my mind.  The supervisor Alexander could not give me any explaination for why the boxes were not sent out except for "human error".  He told me that the confirmation number for my first request for return boxes was "excluded" from the note so he could not give me a confirmation number.  BOTTOM LINE, verizon is holding me the customer responsible for the charges of set top boxes that have been sitting unused waiting to be returned because verizon has failed to send return boxes for almost 3 weeks.  I really am confused on how this is legal.   Will be contacting the BBB and further authorties. 

0 Likes
Re: Very Disappointed in verizon, this seems fradulant
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Very Disappointed in verizon, this seems fradulant
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes