Very disappointed in Customer Service
cmc4ewva

I made a payment for my verizon account on the verizon website last week; however, on Monday, I received an email saying that my payment had not be received and was now overdue.  Sure enough, the payment was pending in my bank account instead of being posted, and the amount had not be posted on the verizone website.  I contacted customer service via the chat, and the first representative which with I spoke was kind and helpful within her role.  She had to transfer me to a second representative, which has left me very frustrated and I have received no help via the customer service line nor a direct line to a customer service department.  The second representative was very short with me, and when I expressed that I didn't want to pay the amount a second time if I was going to be double-charged, she told me that she had made an "arrangement" on my behalf saying that I would pay the bill again by the end of the day, and another amount next week.  I, again, expressed my concern that the funds were already pending in my bank account and I didn't want to just throw away money without receiving a legitimate answer and/or refund.  She responded that she placed an arrangement on my account and that, if it went unpaid, my service would be canceled.  I, again, expressed that my issue was not resolved and that she had not answered my question about the first payment, and I DID NOT CONSENT to this arrangment being placed on my account.  She then signed off and closed the chat without further answering my question or concern.  I returned to the chat page, but it said that it was not available and I didn't have time to wait again.  Since I did not agree to this arrangement, I expected it to at least end there.

If that wasn't enough, I then received an email the next day saying that my payment arrangement details had not been met.  I did not agree to this arrangement, and now not only do I have the first payment pending, but I have had to make another payment and I'm out the extra money (assuming the pending posts) because I can't get an answer from anyone.  The second customer service representative was not helpful--her name was Angela--and I would like to formally make a complaint but can find no other method than this forum.  Not only did she not answer my question, but she placed this arrangement on my account to which in no way did I agree.

I have been a customer of verizon for over 10 years, and I am very disappointed in this current situation.  There should be some sort of monitoring that goes on with these chat representatives, particulary now that Verizon does not offer email customer contact.

0 Likes
Re: Very disappointed in Customer Service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Very disappointed in Customer Service
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello cmc4ewva,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need assistance with the payment or ever need help with anything else please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,

-Jeramy

0 Likes
BILLING RATE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTIFICATION
cmc4ewva

Verizon makes it very difficult to contact them for help!  My rate has changed without notification, and this is not acceptable!

I logged onto my account today to find that my billing rate had increased without notification.  I have not signed up for any new services, and was not notified that there was a change in my contract.  I did not agree to a rate increase, so I need more information on this as well as information regarding how to reset the rate back to normal.

Please provide me with information on this over the next 24 hours.

0 Likes
Re: BILLING RATE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTIFICATION
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just so you know, these forums are primarily peer-to-peer.  That means you're talking to other customers and your posts are visible to the world.

It looks like you need to talk to Verizon about your issue.  Depending on the issue, the Verizon moderators may escalate an issue to Verizon support.  If that happens to you, be sure to follow their instructions.  If you don't want to wait and see if your issue is escalated, follow the options provided in the "contact us" link at the bottom of these pages.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Re: BILLING RATE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTIFICATION
cmc4ewva
I'm aware that these are public and peer-to-peer. However, if have not been able to reach any assistance otherwise. Hopefully in this public forum a peer can assist me as it seems several people have had similar issues with their rates increasing suddenly without agreement.
0 Likes