Victim of Verizon Fios Bait and Switch Scam
dclayman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was victimized by Verizon FIOS. I was told over the phone my bill would only cost 149.00 for the exact set up I had with Time Warner which I only paid 131.00 a month with Time Warner. Was told that I would not be charged for service calls to my house if there were any problems with my Internet, tv, cable just like Time Waner doesn't charge. That was a lie!!!! I got my first bill and notice that I had a credit for 2 months. Found out with Verizon that my bill was just a promo price, I explained that the sales rep said my price of 142.00 was guaranteed for 2 years. There supervisor Rose was so rude and explained that the first email they sent me was the price and that I upgraded my service to 5 HD boxes and a extra DVR. I said no way the sales rep told me that was all included, she disagreed with me and said my cost was 218.00 a month. I asked why would I then cancel Time Warner Cable if I had 5 hd boxes, Internet, phone for 131.00. I don't think I was looking to spend more money!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Victim of Verizon Fios Bait and Switch Scam
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We haven't heard a response from you, dclayman, and as such have closed your Private Support Case. If you have any other questions or concerns about your account please feel free to make a new post and we will be happy to assist you in any way we can.

-Adam_VZ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We haven't heard a response from you, dclayman, and as such have closed your Private Support Case. If you have any other questions or concerns about your account please feel free to make a new post and we will be happy to assist you in any way we can.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes