Re: Visa Prepaid $400 Gift Card
cyndib1

I'm having same exact issue.  Switched to Verizon in August and planned on this gift card for Christmas shopping.  Called last week to tell me it was 'bumped' off my account in error and resubmitted.  I now have to wait an additional 30-45 days and hope i get it then.  Totally unacceptable customer service and I can't find anywhere to address my complaint. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello cyndib

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
AlaineRae
I would love to know. A representative came to my building offering the $400 gift card and a tablet. He said I would receive it in 90 days. It's been 120 days. I called Verizon and the rep said that it was not part of my contract and I am not eligible.
I feel so stupid for not getting it in writing. It was advertised on TV and I wish I had kept the flyer.
I expected more from Verizon!
0 Likes
ngandinh

I have the same issue. I still have a saved pdf copy between me and one of the verizon representation, Kelly, who was the one who built the bundle for me. Even this is not my fault when signing the contract, they don't give me the 400$ visa card. I want to cancel, they will take the early termination fee. I asked them let me send the pdf file of the conversation. They refused it. They said they would not accept the chat section. So why they let the customer save the chat section, then they refuse to accept it as a prove. They told me they don't know who Kelly is. I might switch to Comcast soon...

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ngandinh,

Sorry you are having difficulty with the gift card. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
MaynardinMD

I signed up in July and offered the $400 gift card. I received an email and card in September stating the gift card would arrive in 15 days. I checked the username and password on the rewards account and was told that I was not eligible for the gift card. I immediately contacted Verizon customer service and was assured the card was to mailed at the end of September. By mid October when I had not received my gift card I contacted Verizon again and received a verbal apology and assurances that the gift card would be mailed by the end of October. When the card hadn't arrived by the second week of November, I contacted Verizon again and escalated the conversation to the point that a Verizon rep identified that a hold was placed on my gift card but for I identifiable reason. He said he forced it back into the system and that I would definitely be receiving my card. On around December 10th I recieved a new card from Verizon stating that my gift card would be mailed within 15 days. I took this as a good sign....well the card has not arrived, the rewards site states that my username/password are invalid, and I've made two attempts to contact Verizon and the first attempt resulted in a long wait on hold followed by a representative 'not being able to hear me' and hanging up the line. The second attempt once again resulted in a very long wait on hold followed by a rep transferring me to to a line that was "closed." Frustrated I attempted to contact support by email{edited for privacy}and have heard no response.
I am greatly frustrated by this delay and feel that Verizon has not lived up to its obligations to me. I would like to see a prompt resolution in this matter.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Maynard in MD

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Cramey80
Enthusiast - Level 1
Clearly this $400 gift card promotion was a sham. I got the same email and post card in the mail as everyone else.

No gift card yet, and I signed up for new service in Novemeber. At this point, I would even take a $400 credit to my Verizon bill.
0 Likes
booah
Enthusiast - Level 2
So did anyone here ever receive the gift card? What came from the "private forum" exchanges with Verizon?
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Cramey80

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes