Re: Visa Prepaid $400 Gift Card
leogaire
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was under the assumption that it would be 6 months, not 3, for me to get the $400 visa card. Either way i have yet to get it in the mail. what is going on here? it doesn't look good when i look at the forums and see many more people having the same problem. when i check the "status" link posted in other forum comments it sends me to a page to buy parts for my tv/internet. where is my visa card guys?

fliptop454
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fooled again!!! $400 gift card yeah right!! Get it in writing!

Sick of this! This is the second time i was scammed by Verizon due to a lack of their own competence and communication! First time was a cellphone dispute about a phone that was sent as a replacement for my broken phone that could not be repaired. After 4 months they called and told me they never recieved the broken phone. Well long story short i was never told i needed to send it back or they were going to charge me for it. I argued with customer service and stated my case which they couldnt have cared less. Finally i asked for a manager, if this person was a manager he was not professional enough to pick up dog poop let alone represent a fortune 500 company. The back and forth ensued with this guy which i will just say was some of the worst english for an american i ever heard spoke in what was supposed to be a proffesional enviorment. After what seemed like an eternity of him yeah yeah yeahing me and hardly paying any attention all the while making me repeat the issue due to lack of attention? or caring? he asked to take a break for a few moments and suspiciously asked if he could call me back in 10 mins after speaking to a higher ranking supervisor. Almost immediately after hanging up (coincidence?) i get called for a survey. I take the survey and lay it out flat how i felt about the service i was recieveing. I hang up and within 5 mins get a call where the same representitive tells me they heard my survey response about the customer service and there was nothign they could do for me. It was after this i was done with Verizon wireless and i will never ever go back.

Now here i am again, thinking Fios was going to be different, I was promised on the phone when the promotion was being ran that i was getting a $400 gift card for signing up for Fios back in January. It was explained to me by the tech (who's name i have but will not include) that i was going to have to make the first 3 months payments on time. Which i did (always do) and then that brings me to the end of March. I figured ok i will recieve the card within a month. Nope! Nothing. So I figured ok must be one of those you will recieve in 90 days so i said nothing. Well here it is June and i contacted customer service today. They tell me no you were only promised a tablet as per your installation agreement or whatever technical term they use to refer to their contracts made of toilette paper. I didnt even want the tablet and i only looked at the agreement to make sure it had the right package and equipment not the $400 gift card or tablet. I figured the 200 flyers i had sent to my house would have been proof enough that it was a guarantee. Biggest kick in the teeth is  Cable Vision was offering me a better deal with free HBO, Showtime and Stars for nothing for one yr. I wanted the $400 instead to use for a Netflix subscription and some cash for a trip i was going on. Well I've been on the trip still no card. 6 months into this contract no Netflix, No HBO, No Showtime and No Stars. Sounds like the new True Detective is reeeeallly good too. 

Im sure all of this sounds like i am just looking for free paid channels but truth is... I dont! I would prefer to just cancel my subscription and not even write this letter. However. the best part is they want me to pay $190 on top of my last payment. I never even wanted the pay channels and now i wish i would have stayed with Cable Vision. This is the second time i have had Verizon and have been lied too about something. What is the deal?! How do you scam your customers like this?!

0 Likes
fliptop454
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dude forget it if you can back out of the contract do it. You sound like your deal started off just like mine. i was hoping to get mine back in January or atleast before my trip to colorado. In that time i recieved no gift card, found out that the tablet was free but you had to add it on to your subscription for $10 a month (how is that free?) and they dropped the Weather channel!! Who drops the weather channel???!!!

0 Likes
fliptop454
Enthusiast - Level 2

Diana with an Ana,

i know how you feel same issue here! Look at all these complaints i should report this to ABC investigative news!

Fliptop454

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You can check the status of your card here: https://rewards.verizon.com/

If there is no information available, call Verizon directly and ask for assistance.

0 Likes
LONGTIMEVERIZON1

We purchased 2 XR's and Ipad Pro & ported my wifes line over from ATT in April 19'

As part of the agreement we where told and the salesman wrote on the quote we would receive 2 $200 Gift Cards.

We have called numerous times, have been told numerous reasons, have waited on hold for over 200mins and have been transefered around to numerous people. 

We have all the notes, wait times and individuals we have spoken to.

Total time inversted thus far close to 300mins. 

How do we obtain the GC's we where promised upon purchase?

It was a key reason why we went with Verizon instead of ATT!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help with Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes