Visa prepaid card disappointment
gkjport

In Nov 11 I signed up for the new Triple Play promotion that included a free $300 visa card.  I switched my entire service from Comcast, thinking I was getting great "new customer" promotion.  The service was installed in Jan and I was told that the Visa card should arrive within 3 months.  Since I have had no communication regarding the card I called and after being on the phone for approximately an hour with the Verizon rep and then the promotions rep I was told that due to another promotion, which btw is not even on my order summary I am not eligible for the Visa card. 

I have to say I was very excited to switch to Verizon Fios since we have been long time wireless customers with no issues and thought the moving cable and internet would be a very similar experience but I have been very disappointed so far.  Every time I have called I have been given different information and today I find out, 5 months after signing up, that I am not getting a promotion that I signed up for.  It is very frustrating since I confirmed my new service and promotion several times prior to services and in Feb when checking on the status of the card.  

I have never been a fan of comcast and was forced to use it because nothing else was available but not sure Verizon is much better.  Not sure why companies have to play so many games. 

0 Likes
Re: Visa prepaid card disappointment
lhgiunta
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree and am having similar experience with customer service -- I feel as though when you're on the phone and have a question/complaint, that they are making things up as they go along.  It's very frustrating.

Re: Visa prepaid card disappointment
mciagne

I am having the EXACT same experience.  I signed up in December under a promotion ending 12/31/2011 for $79.99/month plus a $300 VISA gift card.

I referenced the $300 gift card in my initial phone call when I ordered the package, and have referenced it on two other occasions when I have called and asked when I can expect the gift card.  A month ago, about 90 days after my initial order, I wasa told that any day now I should get a letter telling me to expect the gift card, and then the actual gift card would arrive shortly thereafter.

Today - over 4 months since I placed the order, I called again to ask about the gift card.  Janelle had me wait on hold for several minutes and then came back and said my promotion didn't include the gift card because I chose a free DVR box in lieu of the gift card promotion when I signed up.

a) No one at Verizon ever presented this as an either/or choice when I signed up, or led me to believe that I was not going to get the gift card

b) The print advertisement I responded to never indicated a choice between the gift card or a free DVR box - no asterisks, no fine print

c) On the 2-3 occasions since signing up that I have referenced the gift card, no Verizon represenative ever said I was not entitled to the card and should not expect it

I feel frustrated and violated.  I am ready to climb the highest mountain and tell everyone I know - including the 3,000 households that are on my neigborhood listserv, that Verizon is sneaky, dishonest, and misrepresents promotions.

Of course I no longer have the print ad I initially responded to.  I did find this one online on a nother message board, and mine was similar to this. Do you see any qualifiers attached to the $300 gift card offer?  Me neither.  I'd like to get a recording of my previous phone calls to Verizon.  They will show that no one ever qualified the offer as an either/or promotion.

0 Likes