Watch Out! Bogus charges for Equipment
jrogers74
I had Verizon FIOS internet, phone, and tv up until July of 2014. I was a loyal customer and liked the service provided, but had moved to a rural county in VA. that Verizon did not service so I had to cancel service. I was advised by Verizon to take my router, tv boxes, and remotes to my local UPS store as they had an agreement with UPS and said that they would ship them back to Verizon at no charge. A month later I received a collection notice demanding payment for more than $1,500.00 for equipment Verizon claims was not returned. I called the collections agency CBE and provided the representative with the tracking numbers that I was provided by UPS proving that all of my equipment was returned and signed for by Taylor in receiving on 8/20/14. The agency advised me that they would contact Verizon with the tracking information and that my account should be updated within 30 days. I thought at that point that the issue would be resolved, but it was not. On February 17th, 2015, I received another letter from CBE threatening that if I didn't submit a written dispute to them within 30 days of receipt of their latest letter that the debt would be considered valid. Again, I contacted CBRE collection agency and was advised that the only thing I could do was submit the dispute letter as they could not do anything else for me. This made me so upset that I actually started crying and showing my disappointment with the collections rep. Today, 2/18/15, I sent my detailed dispute letter and included the UPS tracking numbers that were used to return my equipment to CBRE Collection Agency via USPS Certified delivery. I'm thoroughly disgusted with this entire situation and don't know how much more of it I can take. I"m afraid that my next plan of action will be to contact Channel 7 News as I feel the public should be aware of Verizon"s shameful antics.

Disgusted EX Customer
0 Likes
Re: Watch Out! Bogus charges for Equipment
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
jrogers74
No contact received yet. 😞
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jrogers74,

Please allow 2 business days for a reply.

0 Likes