Way to report a fake email from My Verizon?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there a way to report to Verizon an email that "Says" it is from Verizon?  I received an email claim to be from Verizon about my Verizon Residential account.  One problem, I don't have a My Verizon account for residential services nor to I linve in an area with landline service from Verizon.  

This community account is a community only account and attached to a different email address.  The email address in question is attached to my community only account for the Verizon Wireless community, but I have it setup that the email address is hidden.

Any thoughts on if I can forward it to somewhere so the spammer can be shut down?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Way to report a fake email from My Verizon?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

abuse@verizon.net

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
That works if the email is "acting like it came from Verizon.com?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Yep. They'll investigate who sent it and all that jazz.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Thank you. I will try it and see what happens.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Well I received a response from the phishing report. Not sure what good it did, because I received another email this morning from Verizon Notification about Restrictive Verizon.com services. I haven't opened it. I do intend to see if I can find out what email address it came from when I look at the properties of the email tonight.

0 Likes