Website and My FiOS app say I'm past due....
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

A couple of days I go I started the iPhone MY FiOS app and a message popped up:  "Overdue Balance Alert."  The details said I have a past due payment from November, 2014!

I signed into the Verizon website, went to billing, and sure enough, it too said I'm past due for my October 31, 2014 bill, that was due last November.

This just isn't true.  I have always paid on time, so I did a Live Chat and was told there may be a problem with the billing system, that a change was going to be made this weekend, and that the change might fix the problem.

I don't like the idea that I have a past due bill hanging out there so I just called Verizon on the phone and there the auto system said my balance due is....zero.

I'm posting this in case anyone else is seeing the same problem.  I do hope it's corrected very soon.  The idea of a payment being falsely reported as past due is bothersome.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Website and My FiOS app say I'm past due....
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Update 2:

This morning I checked once again and my bill status is back to normal when viewed in IE 11.

I'm considering this issue solved and will be hoping it doesn't happen again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Update....I just found that if I sign into my account using Firefox the website shows my account as paid in full with a zero balance.  Yet if I use my default browser, IE 11, I still only see that year old bill showing as past due.  The iOS (iPhone) My Verizon app is also still showing me as past due.

So while the website viewed in IE 11, my Windows 7 default browser,  and the My Fios app are stil broken, I can see my correct balance and recent billing history using Firefox.

0 Likes
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Update 2:

This morning I checked once again and my bill status is back to normal when viewed in IE 11.

I'm considering this issue solved and will be hoping it doesn't happen again.

0 Likes
toptek1

Don't feel bad im now being charged late fees becasue they won't chnage the due  date i have aksed them for amost a year now, told them if they charge me a late fees and  don't remove it, i will file claims against them with the state it's not hard to  change it, everytime i know it going to be late by them i make a billing arrangement due date its pay by then   so im not really ever late becauase of how my money comes in each month  .if they would change it i would go to auto pay .well see now if they remove them if they don't i know my next thing to do.

0 Likes