What must I do to get the $500 VISA-promo?
FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi folks!

I'm currently on a 2-year-agreement (UltimateHD,35/35,Phone) and I will reach the final 60 days of my contract on 1/10/2012. 

A couple of days ago, I was told during a sales-chat that I would be eligible to get the $500 promo once I reached 60 days or less on my contract. Now - all of a sudden - the promo is scheduled to end 72 hours prior to me reaching the 60-day mark. I also called Verizon at 1-800-837-4966 and they told me that the offer would only be for new customers or customers that DON'T already have the 35/35/Ultimate Package - in other words, only people who paid less over the last couple of years would get that promo. Sounds stupid to me and the lady on the online-chat never mentioned that. She wrote:

Cindy, Chat-ID: 12181118721, 12/18/2011 (at 12:18:38)

"Yes, you may come back online once 60 days or less are left to your contract. You may renew your package if you have Ultimate HD, 35/35 and Unlimited package you will receive $500 Visa Reward Card."

So to me, this means that I'm eligible even if I'm already a customer and on the same package that the promo is offering.

Hopefully, somebody at Verizon is reading this message and can tell me what my options are to get this deal. Do I have to cancel my service and have my son sign up? Can the account be transferred to his name? Will the promo indeed expire on 1/7/2012 or on 3/17/2012 as it says on buyverizon.com? HELP!Smiley Surprised

Thank You very much in advance!

0 Likes
Re: What must I do to get the $500 VISA-promo?
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
FloridaFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks!

0 Likes
cormelbrit1

HI,

Were you able to get the $500 Visa promo?  I'm in the same boat and like to renew and upgrade to the Ultimate package but it seems by the chats that I can only get a $300 card even though the add-ons page of the ordering process shows a $500 card if I upgrade. 

Thanks,

Ed

0 Likes