Where can I file a complaint about a customer service agent.
srichard2

Where can I file a customer service complaint? After renewing my FIOS bundle for another year, I noticed in the billing summary I was sent that it said I had five existing Digital adapters when I only have two.  I called up your billing department (on 5/16/2012 around noon) to get this mistake corrected.  I explained my situation to three different people before finally being transferred to a "Mr. McClain" in the Sales and Service Department.  From the very outset of the call he had an attitude.  He seemed to be incredibly annoyed to be speaking to me.  He said as far as he could see there was no issue and he did not understand why I had been transferred to him.  He complained about having to listen to the previous representative's explanation of the situation which he called long and rambling.  I found his criticism of the previous rep to be extremely unprofessional and I told him as much. I asked him for his name several times before he would give it to me.  I then asked him for a ticket or reference no. for the call and he said no such number existed.  I told him I found that odd since that is usually standard operating procedure at most companies who deal in customer service over the phone.  I also mentioned that I work in tech support myself and we are required to enter a ticket into the system every time a customer calls with an issue no matter how small.  He told me it doesn't really matter where I work.  I then told him he had had a bad attitude since the minute he picked up the phone and asked him to please transfer me to a supervisor.  He put me on hold for a couple minutes and then picked the phone back up and told me that the supervisor was busy and asked me very rudely if I would like one to give me a call back. I told him yes but I have yet to receive a call and I suspect I never will.  After he took down my number he hung up the phone before I got a chance to ask him to transfer me to another department.  Unlike virtually every other representative I have ever spoken to at Verizon he did not ask me if there was anything else he could help me with before ending the call.  Had it not been for a very nice and helpful representative who answered the phone when I called back, I would have canceled my FIOS service all together!  Let me just add that I have called your company on several occasions over the many years I have had your service and have never encountered someone so rude.  The vast majority of the people I have spoken to are polite and well mannered but there should be some sort of recourse for customers when they are treated like Mr. McClain treated me.  As it stands now, it is virtually impossible to get a hold of a supervisor.  When I tried calling your number I was told that complaints could not be filed over the phone and that I must go to your website. After searching your website for over an hour, this was all I could find.   You guys really to do a better job providing customers with an official way to file a complaint.  I would prefer not to voice my frustration on Facebook and Twitter, but I will if you leave me no other option!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Where can I file a complaint about a customer service agent.
Higbee81281

I would like to complain about a product and the service we have received related to that product.  I gave my daugther a samsung stratosphere for Christmas.  She has already sent two phones back and had to go in today to send a third back.  She tole the suctomer sservice rep she would like to discuss other options.   The customer service rep at the Verizon store was very rude to my daugther.  We do not want another stratosphere.  What are our options?  Can I pay for another phone?  One of the phones was so bad it ruined the battery and when they gave my daughter a new phone they told her she had to pay for a new battery. I believe there is another phone on the way.  We do not want it.  We would like a different phone please. 

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Higbee8128

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Thank you for providing us with all the information to get  corrective action taken on the rep you had dealt with. Please post again here on the forums anytime you need assistance.

0 Likes
Where can I file a complaint about a customer service agent.
cee2151

I'd like to file a complaint about a telephone representative I spoke to yesterday, 9/23/12. He was rude, unproffesional, confrontational, did not take the time to LISTEN to my questions, so that he could understand what my questions were about. He simply assumed he knew what I was trying to ask, and went on and on like a collector would to someone who owed him thousands. He would simply press the "mute" button on his phone, while he huffed and puffed. (I heard him blowing air before the line going silent) Then, he threatended me with charging me $139 for the Verizon modem because he says I was supposed to be charged for it when when the the tech swapped out my other modem, which is not true, and was replaced because tech support determined it was a faulty modem that was holding down my connection speed. My call was to ask 3 questions. 1. To see if I could add my Verizon Wireless bill to the "One Bill" plan, as the guy at Verizon Wireless said I could do to save an extra $10/mo. 2. To see if there was anything available for me to renew my current bundle. 3. Requesting for the difference in the cost of my Quantum upgrade to be credited to me for the time that it was NOT working at the speeds promised by the faster connection. (It was still speed testing between 10 Mbps & 17 Mbps d/l, just as it was before upgrading) After working with tech support for that issue, it was determined that a tech would come out and check my modem and outside lines. They figured out it was the modem, and replaced it. This "representative" told me if I wanted credit for that time, that he would charge me $139 for the modem that replaced the faulty one. And this was AFTER he finally listened to my question! Untill then, he acted like I was just some caller looking for free service! I never, at any momment asked for anything more than the credit for the 7 weeks I was paying extra for faster internet, but did not get any increase in speed from what I was originally getting, and paying for. I want to file a complaint against this representative, and want to be SURE that it will be followed up on. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You can contact Verizon through this page:

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
NJ12341

I wanted to discuss my experience thus far since I signed up for FIOS in January 2013 and how it all came to a boiling point two days ago when I had to deal with a supervisor who would have been the perfect example of a case study in a textbook for "How to Lose Customers Because of Poor Customer Service".

When FIOS sales people came to my house to sell me the service, I signed up for a triple play program for 109.99 in addition to also receiving a $500 gift card. From my very first billing statement there were issues. The billing statement stated that I was only signed up for a double play package and I was being charged way more then the original 109.99. I called customer service and when I spoke to an agent in the billing department she asked if I could fax her a  copy of the email confirmation that I had received confirming that I had signed up for a triple play program. (Note that this email confirmation also contained the statement that I was supposed to receive a $500.00 gift card which is important for later). I faxed her a copy of the email and she said they will work on adjusting my account and that my account would be adjusted accordingly. At the the time my account was set up for automatic debit withdrawal so she mentioned that it was too late to cancel the automatic withdrawal that was to occur in a couple days but that I would be credited the appropriate amount so that my next billing statement would adjust for overpaying the first month. Keep in mind this phone call took over an hour.

I then receive my second billing statement and again it is incorrect because it shows my account as a double play again and I didn't receive all of the adjustments that were necessary to compensate for the overbilling the previous month. So not only was my first month's bill not adjusted accordingly, but the same mistake that happened my first month happened all over again. I again called customer service and spoke to someone. This time the person I spoke to mentioned that he isn't sure how I even got offered the 109.99 triple play program because that's not even an option available. I let them know that this was the package that I signed up for and this was the package that the sales team that came to my house offered me. I also let him know about the email confirmation I had received stating the program I had signed up for at 109.99. He decided the best way to resolve this issue was to sign me up for the triple play program at 134.99 a month but then give me a $25 credit each month to bring down the value back to the $109.99 that I was promised. The interesting part was that by moving up to the $134.99 program I was finally getting the internet speed that I was promised at 109.99 meaning the first two months of service I was not receiving the internet speeds promised in January.  The rep mentioned that since I am being put into the 134.99 program I need to sign up for a new two year agreement. I stated that I'm disappointed by that because I have been with Fios for two months and now because of the issues my mandatory commitment as gone from two years to two years and two months since he is making me start a new two year commitment. At that point he stated  that he would credit my account the total amount I was billed for the time prior to the new two year commitment-more then $400 so he said that my account would get a credit of $41 a month until the total amount was recouped.

At this point we summarized the call which included the following:

-a monthly 25 dollar credit for two years to bring down my triple play program from 134.99 to 109.99 which was the amount I signed up for in January

-a monthly $41 dollar credit until the amount reached the total amount charged prior to me being forced into a new two year agreement after two months of service.

I made sure to ask if all of those explanations and comments for the credits are on my account so I don't have to call in every month to explain to the rep answering the phone and he assured me that it was and everything is set. Of course this was another hour plus long phone call.

Of course it gets even worse, on May 14, I had to call customer service again because my statement didn't include the right amount of credits. When I spoke to this rep, he read through the notes and actually commented on how detailed it was. He mentioned it looks like the monthly 25 credit was declined because the rep from my previous call tried to put it in the system as a one time 300 dollar credit for the year (25 a month for 12 months at one time). He stated he probably got declined because he didn't make it clear to the appropriate people and that he was going to put in a request for the one time 300 credit again but this time would include all the notes. He also saw the notes for the 41 dollar credit and noticed that I hadn't received it yet so he updated the account accordingly. So again I was told all these issues should be rectified. I asked about the 500 gift card that I have yet to receive and he mentioned that he would get a hold of the appropriate department (gift card department I think he said) and that he would make sure I got a call back to rectify the gift card issue.) Another phone call that took over an hour. 

All of that is what led to what occurred on May 31. I called up to discuss that I have not received a call back about the gift card yet and I wanted to make sure that my account was finally updated accordingly. I talked to a customer service rep then I asked to speak to a supervisor. His name was (either Manaul or Emanuel). The call initianted in between 8-9 PM. This was the worst experience I have ever had with customer service for any company. When I asked about the credits, he mentioned that I shouldn't have any credits. He said the account had been adjusted to include my triple play program for 109.99. I said well if that's the case I  understand why I don't get the 300 dollar credit since the 25 dollars a month won't be needed to bring me down from 134.99 to 109.99, but that credit had nothing to do with the 41 dollar credit to recoup what I had paid the first couple months before my new forced two year agreement. He just kept stating that I wasn't supposed to get it and everytime I tried explaining to him how those two credits were different he didn't want to listen or understand.  At one point he even mentioned it was impossible to add credits to a customer's account so he doesn't know why I thought I would get a credit. I was furious because now I knew I was being lied to. Not just by a rep but by a "supervisor". I even brought up an example of what would happen if I order a PPV movie but my receiver became faulty during the movie and if he was claiming that FIOS would not be able to credit my account the amount of the purchase in that scenario. He stated that if they could prove the receiver failed then yes he could credit my account. I don't think he even understood I was trying to prove my point in that his statement of not being able to apply credits to an account was either him lying to me or him being misinformed (still not sure which would make Verizon more embarrassed). 

Believe it or not it got even worse, I asked him about the 500 dollar gift card and he stated my account did not show I should receive one. I stated that I had a email confirmation from FIOS stating that I was supposed to receive one and that I could fax him a copy like I had done once before. He said it didn't matter, I would not be able to receive the gift card because it's not in the system.  I stated that the rep I spoke to on May 14 stated he was going to put me in contact with a department that can handle gift card inquiries. The supervisor stated no such department existed. Again I was so furious that I outright asked him "are you telling me that your customer service reps are lying to customers that a gift card department exists then since the previous rep told me he would put me in contact with one?" The supervisor just repeated no such department exists and there is no way I could get my gift card. The interesting part was that throughout all of these issues dating back to January, the most frustrating part was when I dealt with this supervisor. All of the reps I had spoken to would actually listen and try to understand the situation as opposed to Emanuel. I would like to think Verizon does their due diligence in selecting supervisors to ensure supervisors set the example of how to deal with customers and not set the example of how to infuriate customers.

After the call ended with him, I was determined to find a way to get my gift card. Maybe to Emanuel $500 isn't that big of a deal but I would like to think that for most people its a significant amount. I called the next day and simply told the customer service rep that I hadn't received my gift card yet. Within a couple min she said here is the number to the gift card department and transferred me over to them. (and yet Emanuel stated numerous times the day before no such department existed). I was transferred and within 5-10 min the rep from the gift card department acknowledged that I was entitled to one and would try to prioritize me getting the gift card right away since it has taken so long. How quickly that was resolved with a department that according to a "supervisor" doesn't even exist.

My purpose in writing this complaint is for a few reasons:

1-After dealing with the Emanuel I'm now worried that my account is not going to have the appropriate credits it should since Emanuel did not fully understand the difference between the two credits on my account (even though all the notes explained them) and he claims they can't put credits on a customer's account.

2-I'm concerned as to why I was lied to by the supervisor on numerous counts(credits and gift card department). In fact at one point I even told Emanuel I can give him the exact date and time where I spoke to the rep about what department he can transfer me to so he can review the recorded phone conversation to see what department can help me and he refused to help in any way.

3-Why was I lied to?  What made the supervisor decide he had no intention of helping me in anyway and to go one step further and to lie to me? What did he see in my account that made him so frustrated where he felt the need to lie to me?

4-How can I be assured that the amount I was charged prior to being put into the 134.99 promotion was me being overbilled? How can I have someone review my account to ensure I was only charged what I should have been?

Thanks

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NJ1234,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases". There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

NJ1234,

I'm glad to hear that we were able to resolve this issue for you, we're always happy to hear good news! Just to recap, I'm showing Catherine from our billing team reached out to you and corrected all concerns regarding pricing and plans with your FiOS triple play service. Also the issue with the DVR Set Top Box continuously rebooting was corrected by being replaced and is now working correctly showing all channels.

I will go ahead and close out this case, if you ever have any questions or concerns in the future please feel free to comment on your original post.  Again I cannot thank you enough for your patience through this frustrating situation.

Thank you,

Anthony L.

armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Verizon_Support wrote:

NJ1234,

I'm glad to hear that we were able to resolve this issue for you, we're always happy to hear good news! Just to recap, I'm showing Catherine from our billing team reached out to you and corrected all concerns regarding pricing and plans with your FiOS triple play service. Also the issue with the DVR Set Top Box continuously rebooting was corrected by being replaced and is now working correctly showing all channels.

I will go ahead and close out this case, if you ever have any questions or concerns in the future please feel free to comment on your original post.  Again I cannot thank you enough for your patience through this frustrating situation.

Thank you,

Anthony L.

This is an excellent example of how a case should be resolved.  It explains how the company successfully addressed the user's issue, and also shows the steps taken and the solutions achieved (both technical and financial).  Both the user and other readers can learn how a successful result can be achieved.

Hats off to Anthony L!