Where is my Incentive Check??
UnbrokenChain

I signed up for Verizon through a VEC Agent in October 2014. The VEC Agent let me know of a promotion going on where 3-4 weeks after installation I should have received an incentive check. It is now over 12 weeks since my installation and I still have not received the incentive check I was promised. I have communicated in writing to the VEC agent several times only to be told "I am working on it" , "sorry you should receive the check soon" , and other similar responses which are clearly not getting me anywhere. I just spent over 45 minutes on hold being transferred from department to department to find out where my incentive check is. No one seems to want to pick up the line so I am posting here instead.

Why was I told I was going to receive an incentive check when I signed up fo my service and no check was sent? Why was I repeatedly told by a VEC Agent IN WRITING that the check was on the way but no check is ever sent? Why is it so difficult to speak to anyone regarding my issue? I have paid my bills on time since setting up my account and being treated like this really makes me just want to switch to another company. Please rectify the solution or I will change my service to Comcast.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where is my Incentive Check??
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did send you a private message so we could supply you with updates as we receive them

We are currently in contact with that sales agents manager for updates regarding the promised check

~Jess

View solution in original post

0 Likes
UnbrokenChain

I just got in touch with a Verizon Customer support representative in the promotional department who let me know that there is no such thing as an incentive check and that verizon never issues checks.

I wonder why the VEC agent lied to me then :

"I do apologize, the reason you have not got your check yet is due to the fact I did not submit your information for the check until Oct., 29th. Give it one more week and you should have it. Once again I do apologize."

"you will receive a check within 3-4 weeks after installation. "

I find it ABSURD that this happened and no one is willing to assist me. I am very unhappy with the customer service that has been provided with my issue.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Verizon is currently looking into this for you. There should be a response next week.

0 Likes
UnbrokenChain
Are they really looking into this because last night they said they couldn't help me over the phone...I contacted the VEC agent about how support told me checks are never issued and he said he resubmitted my information again...

I don't get it but I guess I'll wait. If no solution is provided I will cancel my service, it is not right to flat out lie to customers in order to gain business.
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

We have passed it to another department but they will not be in the office until Monday.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did send you a private message so we could supply you with updates as we receive them

We are currently in contact with that sales agents manager for updates regarding the promised check

~Jess

0 Likes
UnbrokenChain

Thank you Jess. I appreciate you looking into this situation which has caused so much frustration over the past couple of months. 

0 Likes
UnbrokenChain

I have finally received my check. Thank you to the Verizon Staff who assisted me with this contentious situation.

0 Likes