Where's the HD?
bettaudonno
Enthusiast - Level 1

After the last price hike ,I decided to cut a few things to keep the new bundle under control. I lowered my internet speed (I can't tell any differance).  I went from extreem HD to primeHD. And I turned in my DVR for the standard Box (STB). Now the fourty Channels of HD are not coming in. My TV is HD but I was told I would have to get the more expensive box in order to get the HD channels.The STB box does not transmit HD.  I started reading all the fine print (in the .375 font size)  and it does not say anything about having to pay for the DVR in order to get the HD channels.  I live in Sarasota,FL. and maybe other ares have differant boxs available.

It looks like the true Packages fios tv is offering are only real if your willing to cough up the extra change for there hardware that will let you see it.   Ive been a Verizon Customer for over ten years and this is the first time i've ever filt like I'm getting riped off.  Does anyone have any sugestions?

VON

0 Likes
Re: Where's the HD?
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

There's a box in the middle ... and HD STB.  That's what you need.   Verizon has "five" (actually 4 with a feature addition) types of boxes.

A digital adapter -- cheapest, does only standard definition and no video on demand or channel guide

An SD STB - next cheapest, does only standard definition but has VOD and Channel Guide

An HD STB - middle price, does HD, VOD, and Channel Guide

An HD DVR - same as HD STB but adds DVR capability

A Home Media HD DVR - same as an HD DVR but allows other STB's in the house to watch recordings on the main DVR

No fine print involved ... you just went with the wrong box.  An HD STB is about half-way between an HD DVR and SD STB in terms of monthly costs. So it will be less than what you were paying, but not as low as the SD STB.