Where to File a complaint- POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
mtairygirl

Dear Mr. McAdam,

My name is Francine , I have been a customer with Verizon for approximately ten years.   During this time I have little to complain about that is until I decided to “upgrade” my services on December 4, 2014. My service before the “the upgrade”, was triple play, with 4 set top boxes with multi room dvr and most of premium channels at 50% cost. The upgrade I signed up for was the Ultimate quantum HD DVR TV with the ultimate fully load entertainment pack.   Please refer to order #     this is the correct order. 

On December 4, I placed and order over the internet and received an email confirmation and instructions.  Verizon’s website, customer service agent, and email lead me to believe that this would be a smooth transaction I would receive the equipment the new router and 4 set top boxes in the mail and I could do the installation myself.  Activation date would be December 18.  I received the new router and installed myself with no problems.  At this point I’m waiting for the set top boxes to arrive.

December 18 arrives, where are the set top boxes?  First call to Verizon, someone states “the order was never completed it never went to the warehouse’. After about an hour, the customer person states I’ll send a technician out with the boxes to install them on December 23 between 8 am and 12pm. I agree and thank them.  Around midnight on December 18 my service on all of the boxes in my home changed.  The premium channel, on demand, and dvr services were gone from 3 of the boxes and 1 remaining had 2 of the premium channels. I called customer service again after another hour there is nothing we can do you have to wait until the 18 will give you a credit and I will call you back on the 23 to see how you made out. 

December 23 arrives, it is now 1215 no technician no communication.  I call customer service, “Oh no one will be able to come out today”.   I asked what happened , why didn’t anyone call this was time off for me and it’s 2 days before Christmas I had last minute things to do.  Truly this is inconsiderate and poor customer service.  Around 2pm I receive a call from John a technician the say he will be out, he arrives, with no boxes.  He states that my order was put in as a repair and not a new order for boxes and he doesn’t have them.  He gets on the phone with his customer service and the put in an order for the boxes.  My new date is December 26 between 8am -11am.  The call and the technician took hours.  But wait something happen to my service again!!!!  Also I received an email with a new order and the total bill has increased and it’s not what I ordered or want.  I have to call customer service again!!!   Yes customer service says your right apparently when John the technician was there whomever he spoke to deleted the old order and put in a new order so the new set top boxes could be delivered.  We don’t to delete the order at this point because the boxes would be delayed. So unfortunately my service will have to stay the same until the new boxes are installed.

December 26 9:30am, no technician is assigned.  I call Pat {edited for privacy} and he states for me to call customer service because there are no technicians.  I call customer service speak to Chuck a supervisor,   DRC tells him no one is assigned but they will get it done today.  Chuck calls me every couple hours to keep me updated until about 4pm when he tells me they won’t be able to make it today they will make it tomorrow.  Chuck doesn’t know a time.  

December 27, no call or email so I call at 8am.  I speak to Catherine and asked for a supervisor and ask her what time is the technician arriving.  She states she “chatted” with the DRC and the do not have anyone assigned but someone will be out today it’s an all-day wait. What does all day mean? I asked.  All day she replies.  Until 11pm? No until 7pm, Catherine states.  Didn’t speak to Frank the “supervisor” until 55 minute after the request.  He says they will be out between 8 am and 11am that’s what it says in the system and he couldn’t do anything.  I hung up its useless.

My problem is this was supposed to be a simple do it yourself upgrade, I do not understand why a technician could not drop off the boxes or Verizon overnight deliver them and this would be done.  If you could not honor the agreement and service, then let’s just part ways amicably and waive the cancellation fee.  I held up my end the deal I pay my bill on time and been a long time customer for about ten years with few calls to customer service.  But you have failed miserably when I needed you.  You continue to hold me hostage with a cancellation fee with something you have failed to provide. The culture at Verizon is complacent and frustrating. There was no argument from the staff when they looked at all the notes of events, I believe some were embarrassed. Your employees are not empowered to do any concrete action that will have a definitive result. This is a failure in so many different areas, you should be ashamed and embarrassed to call yourself a communication company.

Sincerely,

Francine

P. S. Stay tuned still waiting and filing a complaint with  the BBB 

If anyone know an address or person that I can speak to direcrly please contact me

0 Likes
Re: Where to File a complaint- POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mtairygirl,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes