Why is it so hard to get someone to call me back and contact Verizon via email?
Joanne12251

Any suggestions on how to get Verizon to call back?  My daughter is handling my account and there are problems - I am being billed for services I should not be.  Of course, it takes forever to get to through; then she was on hold for a very long time; she spoke with someone who could not help and said she'd have to speak with a supervisor and was told that one would call her back, but they never did.  She called again and was told that their system was down, that they'd have to call her back.  She told the gentleman of her initial conversation and the unfilfilled promise to call back; he said, "You're third on the list, as soon as the system is up, I promise you'll be called back.  Guess what... no call back. 

So... how do we get to someone for help?  I was going to email Verizon, but even though they say to contact them with any questions or problems, I was unable to email them.  It's as if they don't exist for customer service issues.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: Why is it so hard to get someone to call me back and contact Verizon via email?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@Joanne1225 wrote:

Any suggestions on how to get Verizon to call back?  My daughter is handling my account and there are problems - I am being billed for services I should not be.  Of course, it takes forever to get to through; then she was on hold for a very long time; she spoke with someone who could not help and said she'd have to speak with a supervisor and was told that one would call her back, but they never did.  She called again and was told that their system was down, that they'd have to call her back.  She told the gentleman of her initial conversation and the unfilfilled promise to call back; he said, "You're third on the list, as soon as the system is up, I promise you'll be called back.  Guess what... no call back. 

So... how do we get to someone for help?  I was going to email Verizon, but even though they say to contact them with any questions or problems, I was unable to email them.  It's as if they don't exist for customer service issues.  Smiley Sad

Why were you not able to email them? There's an option on their Contact Us page...

0 Likes
Re: Why is it so hard to get someone to call me back and contact Verizon via email?
benw1

When I try to use the 800-837-4966 support line, the voice finally agrees to transfer me to an agent but then after a tone and a short delay another voice comes on and says"there is no answer at that number, this call is being terminated"  This has been going on for several weeks.  WHAT GOOD IS THAT!

0 Likes
jtrai4911
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon support is some of the worst support I have dealt with and I have been in IT for 20+ years. I have had a problem with my DSL since 2/7, they have missed 3 previous appointments to send a tech to my house and was supposed to call me this morning for a schedule time between 1 and 5pm today. It is now 2pm and they cancelled again and rescheduled me for tomorrow.

The on line chat is a joke dealing with techs that read from a script, 5 times I contacted them and each time the dialog was the same. I saved all my chat sessions and compared them. Also tried to call and each time I was transferred to the tech support line the number would ring about 10 times and then disconnect. When they did call me back the connection was so bad that the tech put me on hold and then a minute later disconnect.

Verizon... move your support for the US back to the US and not someplace like Bangalore. I would prefer to speak to someone in Atlanta or Dallas or anyplace but overseas!!

Shannon424
Enthusiast - Level 2

Their support and customer service is a joke. If you do email them you get a generic response back. I asked to have a manager contact me 3 times, not once did they call me back, They only called me back once I contacted the BBB and they still have not resolved my issue. Their actual TV and Internet has been great for me but their billing and their crummy attitudes have just about done it for me. They have gotten too big for their britches in my opinion and something needs to be done about it. What is the point in me contacting the company if there is not a "real" person on the other end. Meaning someone who actually takes what I am saying seriously, listens, and tries to resolve it. I didn't particuarly love Comcast buttttttt I am think I may have to go back.

0 Likes
superbike1

Because they just want your money. Just like TWC, Comcast and the rest of the thieves... poor, poor, poor service. Dan

0 Likes
Terps530

yea I have been experiencing all of the same problems for months now.  I hate being treated like I do not know what I'm talking about.  I have all my chat sessions that resolve as much as talking to a tree stump, but I think I need to start a way to record my phone conversations.  I was literally offered $40 of credit a month for the year and then there is no credit on the bill.  No wonder why when I asked for any type of confirmation for the credit, they told me they wont send that email. 

Still waiting for someone to get back to me from my forum post that was conveniently moved out of the public section for them to review.  So far after writing a huge letter detailing everything via the 'Contact Us' section, I got told 'basically, sorry for your inconvenience and being screwed over. we can't do anything about it but call this #.'

/Disgusted Smiley Mad

0 Likes
TypeA1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon doesn't give a crap about their customers.  I've been trying to get my second and third bill for weeks now.  They tell me they are emaling it and then I get an email telling me to log in to my account however; I've been waiting on a PIN to arrive via snail mail for a week before they will allow me on line access to the bills.  

They won't discuss my bill with me because I don't have it "in front of me" yet, it's showing as overdue.  You would think they would want to help me so I can pay what I owe however; until I see the actual bill, I'm not paying it becuase the amount is three times what I was quoted and I already paid the month in advance.

This service SUCKS and I can't wait for another provider to offer cable in my neighborhood as I will drop this service.  When you call you get a rep that says their system is updating please call back.  This happened to me three times today 9:30 am, 11:20 am and now at 4:30.

Find another provider if you can. 

FiOSNightmare
Enthusiast - Level 2

At least they're not trying to ruin your credit as well.  I made the huge mistake of upgrading my analog phone and DSL service to FiOS.  The billing was mishandled and I began getting bills for both services. When I tried to reach Verizon I had the same experiences that most of you have related, promised made, none kept!  Then to add the ultimate insult, they sent my old analog account to a collection agency.  I've never seen customer service this pathetic in my entire life.

SusanB7

Not any more, you can't. I spent over an hour on Verizon's website today (9/21/13), trying to find a link to the page where I used to be able to send an email message, but it has disappeared. I wasted a lot of time with the virtual agent. I kept getting a message asking me to sign in before I could ask a question, but I was already signed in. Live chat was not available either.

I travel overseas twice a year for work. Because of my schedule and the time difference, it's difficult to call. I need to contact Verizon about my current bill (they are overbilling me by about $10), and I had hoped to be able to email them. In the past, that has always proved efficient when I am traveling, but no more.

0 Likes