Why was it so hard to discontinue Verizon Service? And why have I been billed for services not used?
Njamali1982

I had Verizon for about 3 months last year and was disappointed in the level of service, the quality of product and the enormous bills. My key reason for trying Verizon Fios was because the commercials marketed that there were no contracts and I did not sign a contract at the time of my installation. Frustrated with my Verizon account, I obtained service through another carrier in August and called Verizon to cancel my service in September. The representative told me that my service was canceled and that I had to return the equipment at a specific store address. I dropped off my equipment at the location given only to find that my service was never canceled. Then I was told I had to suspend my service until June because I was locked in a contract. I stated that I was under the impression there was not contract and I did not sign one only to be told that it was probably a verbal agreement. Again, not what I would have agreed to. I had to keep a router and cable box until I could cancel my contract in June. I asked if I was going to be charged for services or the equipment if my account was suspended and I was told no. A few months later I recieve a box to send the equipment back in which I did. I was never sent any final billing. Today I open a letter from a collection agency for a balance of $648.19. I was baffled since Verizon never formally billed me so I had no idea what the charges were for. Plus I was not given enough curtousy to be notified of the intention to send my account information to collections. I called and was told that my charges were late fees and I had to send a letter disputing the charge to a fax number which I did do. I called 1800MyVerizon and was abruptly hung up on after finally getting through the automated system. Since I have gotten nowhere with any form of interaction with Verizon over my account and closing it, I am livid. I believe I am being unfairly charged for services I never used and tried to cancel in the first place. I have filed a complaint with the BBB because I believe Verizon has been deceptive in their practices and should not have gone to collections prior to contacting me with any form of a bill that indicated my charges in the first place.

0 Likes
Re: Why was it so hard to discontinue Verizon Service? And why have I been billed for services not u
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes