Worst customer service I ever I had
mc0117

My brother in law moved in with my wife and I and brought his Dish Network TV service with him. He is now out of contract as I am with FIOS. So we figured we would cancel one service and keep the other. I receive a flyer almost everyday from FIOS so I thought I would call and see if I could take advantage of the deal THEY mailed me. So the first lady gave me some offers, like $10 off for a year, but I wanted the multi-room dvr they offered. She told me that she was going to place me on hold and ask another department. Suddenly there is a man on the phone asking for my phone number. I give him my information and explain the situation. He tells me that he is in a different department and he can't help me (been on this ride before with Verizon). So he asks me if I want the number for the correct department, I say sure and then he connects me.... to the main Verizon automated system, which is the same number he gave me. So, I get a new person and I tell him I need a supervisor because I'm tired of playing this game to which he refuses. He says he needs to try to help me first, fair enough, I explain again that I have two services and I am trying to decide which service I want to keep. He says..... get ready for it......... "I can't help you with your Direct TV account, you will need to call them" I explain again and ask again if I can take advantage of the FIOS offer, to which he replies that he cannot honor a Direct TV offer with Verizon. **bleep**?? I ask to speak to a supervisor and he says that the cannot offer a Direct TV offer either so how will a supervisor help. I ask him if he knows his offers and I say again FIOS sent the offer. Ohhh, he says, laughs, and hangs up. 

I think I have decided which company to cancel.

0 Likes
Re: Worst customer service I ever I had
mc0117

So a customer can be treated rudely and hung up on but can't complain. I called back and spoke with someone in their retention department and was advised to cancel my service and then re-sign using either my brother in law's name or my wife's name. Incredible that they have to fool their own computer system to do that, of course they'll charge an activation fee. I have been with Verizon since they were GTE so you would think I would be used to this treatment  by now.

0 Likes
Nitingale51

Hello Elizabeth

I have called Verizon numerous times to be put on hold for an hour and I finally hung up. I tried their chat and after changing the ID and password a number of times at their request I couldn't log in.   I left messages to call me.  No call from Fios.  My service stinks and I have not had service in my upstairs TV since June.  I paid my account and the account # was incorrect by one number and it went to someone else and Verizon won't send me that money back or credit it to my account.  I took the equipment to local Veriizon dealers and they could do nothing.  All I want is for them to send me a box to return the crap. Verizon Fios customer service is NON-EXISTENT....  They don't give a care about their customers and to make sure that their customers are happy.  Like you Elizabeth, I'm not happy and want Fios to go away and yet I can't get rid of their equipment that is malfunctioning in my home as no one will take it.  I guess they all know that this is a bogus crap company and should get out of this business.  Maybe the attorney general can help but I doubt it as I think they are all in this together.. shaking each other's hands as they rob the poor consumers.

Thanks.

Pat

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@Nitingale51 wrote:

Hello Elizabeth

I have called Verizon numerous times to be put on hold for an hour and I finally hung up. I tried their chat and after changing the ID and password a number of times at their request I couldn't log in.   I left messages to call me.  No call from Fios.  My service stinks and I have not had service in my upstairs TV since June.  I paid my account and the account # was incorrect by one number and it went to someone else and Verizon won't send me that money back or credit it to my account.  I took the equipment to local Veriizon dealers and they could do nothing.  All I want is for them to send me a box to return the crap. Verizon Fios customer service is NON-EXISTENT....  They don't give a care about their customers and to make sure that their customers are happy.  Like you Elizabeth, I'm not happy and want Fios to go away and yet I can't get rid of their equipment that is malfunctioning in my home as no one will take it.  I guess they all know that this is a bogus crap company and should get out of this business.  Maybe the attorney general can help but I doubt it as I think they are all in this together.. shaking each other's hands as they rob the poor consumers.

Thanks.

Pat

0 Likes