Would not recommend Verizon to anyone for THESE reasons:
C_R_L15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I regretfully signed up for Verizon Triple play on JUNE 11.

DirectTV was installed in a timely matter without a problem and I have been enjoying that.

As I am a cell phone user, I have yet to utilize my home phone service, but am assuming that it works.

High Speed Internet, the main reason I signed on with Verizon, has NOT BEEN AVAILABLE TO ME YET.

I was supposed to receive my router and activate my internet June 14. ALERT TO POTENTIAL VERIZON CUSTOMERS: Verizon ships routers via UPS. UPS delivers between the hours of 9 am and 6 pm, Monday through Friday. I work during those hours. I live in an apartment building in New York City that does not have a doorman. I do not know my neighbors and do not know anyone who is home between 9 and 6 who could receive the package on my behalf. I signed the UPS slip giving permission for UPS to leave the package in my unlocked entryway. It was never left. I contacted UPS, they said they are not able to leave a package where it may be stolen (aka my unlocked entryway). I asked them if I could pick up the package at their shipping facility. They said they have a new policy where they no longer hold packages for pickup; instead, they ship the item back to the sender after 3 delivery attempts.

During this period, I was on the phone and online chat with Verizon multiple times, trying to figure out a way to receive the router. Verizon would not ship it to my work address. I could not pick up a router from a Verizon store because they do not carry them. I could not buy my own router because I needed a specific Verizon router.

The router was shipped back to Verizon.

I contacted Verizon to tell them. They shipped me a new one. After tracking the router via UPS online, I left work early in hopes of catching the UPS truck. Thankfully, I got home before UPS pulled away from my apartment.

I installed the router. IT DID NOT WORK. I called Verizon tech support, they walked me through potential fixes. Did not work. They told me that they would need to send a technician to come and fix it. I scheduled an appointment for a Sunday.

Less than 24 hours before my appointment, I received a call from Verizon informing me that technicians do not work on Sundays and that I would need to call back to reschedule. I called back. They tried to reschedule me for a Sunday. Verizon scheduling DID NOT KNOW that technicians do not work on Sundays!!!! I rescheduled for a Saturday.

Verizon called me back to tell me that because it was a new work order request, I could not reschedule through the scheduling department and that I had to call the main Verizon line. WHAT????

I have yet to reschedule, as I am out of town most weekends and the technician hours are 8am - 6pm Monday through Friday.

During this ordeal, I contacted Verizon billing to ensure that I would not be charged for the internet that I have not been able to use (due to Verizon's own fault). They assured me I wouldn't. I received my bill this week. I WAS CHARGED. I contacted Verizon, AGAIN. They credited me only $22 of the internet, which won't even show until my next bill period. AND I have to call billing back when my internet is activated so that they can credit me the next amount, which won't show until the billing period AFTER THAT.

I have been frustrated with Verizon since probably Day 3. I do not have internet and will not have internet for at least another two weeks. I am being charged for services I cannot use. I have spent hours at work contacting Verizon reps multiple times to figure this out, only to have to contact them again when they do not do as they say. The individual reps are nice but essentially, Verizon is unorganized, has faulty equipment and does not consider the average working customer. It's departments (specifically scheduling and technicians) do not communicate and promises are not kept to the customer.

I wish I had signed up with Time Warner. I will not be recommending Verizon to anyone.

Re: Would not recommend Verizon to anyone for THESE reasons:
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi C_R_L15,

We'll be closing your private support case due to non-response. If you still require assistance, please reach out to us in this thread and we'll reopen you case and continue.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes
Would not recommend Verizon to anyone for THESE reasons: UPDATED
C_R_L15
Enthusiast - Level 1
Would not recommend Verizon to anyone for THESE reasons: UPDATE BELOW

I regretfully signed up for Verizon Triple play on JUNE 11.

DirectTV was installed in a timely matter without a problem and I have been enjoying that.

As I am a cell phone user, I have yet to utilize my home phone service, but am assuming that it works.

High Speed Internet, the main reason I signed on with Verizon, has NOT BEEN AVAILABLE TO ME YET.

I was supposed to receive my router and activate my internet June 14. ALERT TO POTENTIAL VERIZON CUSTOMERS: Verizon ships routers via UPS. UPS delivers between the hours of 9 am and 6 pm, Monday through Friday. I work during those hours. I live in an apartment building in New York City that does not have a doorman. I do not know my neighbors and do not know anyone who is home between 9 and 6 who could receive the package on my behalf. I signed the UPS slip giving permission for UPS to leave the package in my unlocked entryway. It was never left. I contacted UPS, they said they are not able to leave a package where it may be stolen (aka my unlocked entryway). I asked them if I could pick up the package at their shipping facility. They said they have a new policy where they no longer hold packages for pickup; instead, they ship the item back to the sender after 3 delivery attempts.

During this period, I was on the phone and online chat with Verizon multiple times, trying to figure out a way to receive the router. Verizon would not ship it to my work address. I could not pick up a router from a Verizon store because they do not carry them. I could not buy my own router because I needed a specific Verizon router.

The router was shipped back to Verizon.

I contacted Verizon to tell them. They shipped me a new one. After tracking the router via UPS online, I left work early in hopes of catching the UPS truck. Thankfully, I got home before UPS pulled away from my apartment.

I installed the router. IT DID NOT WORK. I called Verizon tech support, they walked me through potential fixes. Did not work. They told me that they would need to send a technician to come and fix it. I scheduled an appointment for a Sunday.

Less than 24 hours before my appointment, I received a call from Verizon informing me that technicians do not work on Sundays and that I would need to call back to reschedule. I called back. They tried to reschedule me for a Sunday. Verizon scheduling DID NOT KNOW that technicians do not work on Sundays!!!! I rescheduled for a Saturday.

Verizon called me back to tell me that because it was a new work order request, I could not reschedule through the scheduling department and that I had to call the main Verizon line. WHAT????

I have yet to reschedule, as I am out of town most weekends and the technician hours are 8am - 6pm Monday through Friday.

During this ordeal, I contacted Verizon billing to ensure that I would not be charged for the internet that I have not been able to use (due to Verizon's own fault). They assured me I wouldn't. I received my bill this week. I WAS CHARGED. I contacted Verizon, AGAIN. They credited me only $22 of the internet, which won't even show until my next bill period. AND I have to call billing back when my internet is activated so that they can credit me the next amount, which won't show until the billing period AFTER THAT.

I have been frustrated with Verizon since probably Day 3. I do not have internet and will not have internet for at least another two weeks. I am being charged for services I cannot use. I have spent hours at work contacting Verizon reps multiple times to figure this out, only to have to contact them again when they do not do as they say. The individual reps are nice but essentially, Verizon is unorganized, has faulty equipment and does not consider the average working customer. It's departments (specifically scheduling and technicians) do not communicate and promises are not kept to the customer.

I wish I had signed up with Time Warner. I will not be recommending Verizon to anyone.

UPDATE 07/30:

As you can see from my previous post, Verizon repeatedly commented asking if this issue had been resolved. However, I had no idea they were commenting, as I did not receive any emails and do not troll this website every day. I logged on today, after another terrible Verizon customer service experience, to see that they had closed this issue.

I am reposting this to open it, again, as I still do not have internet.

I received calls from Executive Appeals. I appreciate that they called, but they only are open from 8am-5pm, which are my working hours. The job that I hold does not allow me to take personal calls and it is the type of industry where I do not get a lunch break. Hence my repeated online chats and this forum post.

The voicemail that my contact, Wayne, at Executive Appeals left me told me that service technicians had been trying unsuccessfully to get in touch with me. I don't understand this. Are they calling me? I don't answer unknown numbers and do not answer phone calls during work hours. I had no voicemails from them. Are they buzzing my apartment? Not while I'm home, because I work regular hours, like they do.

Seeing no solution, I called Executive Appeals back (DURING WORK, WHEN I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO BE MAKING PERSONAL CALLS. Let's just put my job in jeopardy, thanks). The extension did not work. I called the Executive Appeals number again and spoke to a representative. He tried to transfer me to Wayne, my contact. Wayne was not there and was apparently on vacation, date due back unknown.

This rep tried to help me but was asking me to go over the same exact questions that I have gone over with Verizon countless times. Shouldn't this be on file?!! After 16 minutes on the phone with this rep and going nowhere, I hung up. He would not schedule a technician to come out and was trying to transfer me to another department. I am done being transferred around Verizon and having nothing accomplished!!!!!!

I am reaching out to my bank to have them file a dispute against the Verizon charge. No significant credit or refund is coming my way anytime soon. Verizon crediting me $22 is a joke. We're almost onto 2 months of no internet.

I am tired of this. To the Verizon employees who see this: please just send me an email telling me when I can expect a technician at my apartment to fix this. I am done traveling on weekends for the summer. Book me ASAP. Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Would not recommend Verizon to anyone for THESE reasons: UPDATED
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi C_R_L15,

Would you like us to reopen the private support case for you?  That would be the most efficient way for you and the support agent to sort this out.

0 Likes
C_R_L15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes please. Email to my email on file is preferable mode of communication.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello C_R_L15,

We've gone ahead and reopened your private support case. Please direct all further replies to that thread and we will continue to work on your trouble.

Thank you,

Art

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi C_R_L15,

Please follow the instructions posted earlier by KaLin to access your private support thread. 

0 Likes
C_R_L15
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Forum website is not letting me reply on my other post so I am going back here...

Finally received confirmation from Verizon that the problem with my internet was that I do not have a dial tone. My contact called and left a message informing me that because this is the case, I may be charged by Verizon when the technician comes out.

I am cancelling my appointment and trying to get my landlord to fix this phone jack issue (for free). No more charges from Verizon!!!

Glad Verizon told me the dial tone was the problem, TWO MONTHS after I first spoke with them.

Salt on the wound, just received my new bill, which is charging me for internet. I should receive a $500 credit for the time and stress and terrible service I have received from Verizon, not a full bill for services I still am not receiving.

Thanks, Verizon. The saga continues.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

C_R_L15,

Sorry about that. You should be able to reply in the private support case now. Thank you for your patience.

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes