Yahoo Account Locked - Forwards to Verizon - Unable to reset password
dklanderman

HELP!  When I attempt to login to my Yahoo! account it tells my account has been locked.  When I attempt to unlock it it takes me to my Verizon page where I have ability to reset my Yahoo! account password.  Yahoo! tells me that I need to talk to Verizon to get this corrected.  Please help by contacting me or show me how to unlink my Verizon and Yahoo accounts.   This is so frustrating!

0 Likes
Re: Yahoo Account Locked - Forwards to Verizon - Unable to reset password
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dklanderman,

Is your account a xxxx@verizon.net email address?

0 Likes
dklanderman

No.  It's an @yahoo.com address, but the account recovery message has dual branding Verizon/Yahoo at the top and when I go to unlock the account it directs me to My Verizon.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Please try these steps to unlock your Yahoo account:

Visit the Official Yahoo Help Central Site for assistance. Once there click on Yahoo Mail: 

1.   You will be provided a list of different topics for help with Yahoo Mail. Click on Password and Sign In.

2.   Then click on Fix problems signing in to your Yahoo account. You should get this message: Use the Sign-in Helper to get back into your account using your Yahoo ID, mobile number, recovery phone number, or recovery email address. If you forgot your password, be sure to change your password to a strong one that you'll remember after you're in.

3.   Then click on the hyperlink above (Use the Sign-In Helper to get back into your account) and it will ask for your email address. ex: johndoe@yahoo.com and it should immediately come up with the recovery phone number (***) ***-XX** you initially entered as your recovery phone number.

4.   Once you enter the missing digits XX, it will then give you the Auto Key message which means you would have to be on your desktop and then click on Yes, text me an Auto Key so it can provide you with the number/characters so you can then retrieve/reset your password.

0 Likes
dklanderman

I have done that.  Even afte putting in the key I receive via text message I am still prompted back into MyVerizon with no workflow to complete unlocking the account.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dklanderman,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes