Yet ANOTHER case of "missing" equipment
TheShimans
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cancelled my service in May, and around the 25th, we returned the equipment to Verizon in the box they provided. There aren't any local dropoff points, so we have no choice but to mail it and we don't get a receipt. The tracking number shows that the box arrived, but I have no way of proving that what we sent is what they counted in as "recieved".

We didn't hear anything until October 27th, when I got a bill out of nowhere from IC Systems (who?). I wrote back to them, as I had no idea where this $450 bill was supposed to be coming from. After a month, they sent me copies of an old Verizon bill from July that billed me for the single most expensive piece of equipment in the package, the DVR ($550). The box has to be packed in a very particular way, and we packed everything including the DVR and each of the remotes. 

So, of course ICS wants their money as they say that I owe it. I tried to call Verizon at first, but when you punch in your account number, they divert your call to ICS who could care less about missing equipment. Then I called without giving an account number, and the billing officer seemed to try quite hard to raise this issue.

I wouldn't have posted anything about this on this message board, but I see the problem over and over and over - at least 3 or 4 times in the past week! Hopefully this will get the same attention as the other issues. Hopefully I'll recieve the same positive attention from the people at Verizon that monitor this board.

Re: Yet ANOTHER case of "missing" equipment
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.