Yet Another Bait and Switch Case
baitandswitch99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem:

Email confirmation from Verizon, upon order, with promotional details:

This e-mail is to confirm the order we placed to move your existing FIOS Internet and add FIOS TV to your new address.  The Double Play includes FIOS internet at 50M25M speed and the FIOS TV Select package.  There is no contract and the price is guaranteed for 1 year.  The regular price for this bundle is $84.99.  There will be an offsetting credit in the specials and promotions section of the bill of $35. We also included HBO and the HD Set Top Box free. The HBO will show as $9.50 per month with an offsetting credit for that amount.  The Set Top Box will show as $11.99 with an offsetting credit for the full amount. We will be installing the service tomorrow, June 11. The first bill will include the activation fee which I will be crediting.

Based on the above, my monthly fees should be $49.99 before taxes

But, I have been getting charged the 'full' non-promotional fees ever since I signed up. I used to email the Verizon agent who signed me up, and I have been manually adjusting my account balance and issuing the promised promotional credit manually for the past couple of months,. Now, she does not respond to my repeated emails any more.

Chatted with another Verizon agent more than a week ago who said she'll email the signing agent and her supervisor. Nothing happened and I called in today and an apathetic Verizon agent with a condescending tone and attitude laughingly tells me that there's no such standard promotional plan and Verizon is not like 'used car' company that'll offer different discounts to different!!

So, I told him to go to my account to check the manual adjustments that have been made to my account in the past months to bring the balance down to the initially promised amount, and live to the so-called Verizon reputation. He says he can't do much about it and says he'll send yet another reminder to the signing agent.

I've already wasted an enormous amount of time reminding them every month to issue the promotional credit that they have promised (and I have proof of based on emails and past account adjustments), but not sure why Verizon forces customers to waste their limited free time on issues like this? Looking at the forums, these ridiculous bait and switch practices seem to all-pervasive, common practice that Verizon chooses to adopt ? To what end, I don't know? Why can't Verizon do fair business and not subject customers to this insanity?!!!

I'll give the signing agent a couple of days to respond, after which I'll file a complaint with the FTC at:https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/Information?OrgCode=#&panel1-1

I suggest that all others that have similar bait and switch grievances file a complaint with the FTC too. Verizon needs to be stopped from harassing customers with these unfair business practices.
0 Likes
Re: Yet Another Bait and Switch Case
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Yet Another Bait and Switch Case
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

baitandswitch99,

We were able to sort out the complication with the billing and apply all the needed credits to the account. We're happy we were able to help and are now closing your Private Support Case. If you have any further questions about your account or service please make a new post and we will be happy to investigate with you.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes