automatic payments
crittermom
Enthusiast - Level 3

Cat Mad I went online today to pay bills, including Verizon which almost brings me to tears.

Most of the bills paid today are actually due later in the month but, it's easier for me to do them all at the same time when I receive my disability check. And normally the payment date would be today, but since Verizon isn't due until the 18th, I made it to be paid on the 17th. The last possible moment.

Why did I do that? Well, my health has taken a bad turn the past few months and previous attempts at getting the bill at a reasonable level.  If Verizon can offer great rates for new customers they certainly could take care of those of us that are loyal and pay our bill on time and in full. It's been proven that it costs companies more money to get new customers than it does to keep the current/loyal customers happy. And I don't need a lecture about what the contract says either. However, Verizon, like other companies with contracts, think it's okay for them to make changes to a contract whenever the want, and there isn't a darn thing we can do about it. Whatever they say goes. smh

Now for the purpose of this rant. I'm so sick of Verizon shoving "automatic payment" in my face every time I pay my bill or do just about anything. They make it sound so appealing. You don't have to worry about doing it, they will do it for you. I personally have never, ever done that with any company, it gives them to much power. I can't even begin to tell you the horror stories I've heard from friends and acquantances. For example, you could have discontinued service with Verizon but, they continue to take payments out of your account every month! And then you have to fight to get it refunded. If it results in an overdraft for you, well too bad. If it appeals to you, then you should do it. I just don't like having it shoved in my face at every turn.

Thankfully, I think I might actually be out of this mess sooner rather than later.

0 Likes