bill amount has gone up
diane573

I would like to know the reason my bill has slowly increased.  I can not afford 159.09 per month.  If this is what my total bill is now, please let me know how to end my service.  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: bill amount has gone up
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi diane573,

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
notoscar99

Not certain whether this will help you or not, but Verizon has been slowly adding "administrative" charges without notice.  We had an increase of $1.88 in our bill from March to April and just noticed that our new bill has an additional $1.98 charge.  We managed to track that one down -- it is something Verizon calls an "FDV Administrative Charge" which is new and their explanation on their site is that it is a Fios Digital Voice administrative charge to "help" defray the cost of providing voice services.   Essentially what Verizon has done is taken whatever you were paying under your contract and adding an additional $1.98 without notifying you.   The charge is not to cover additional or new services, but simply a way to obtain additional amounts without directly changing the terms of your voice contract.    Had Verizon done it directly, it would have had to give you the opportunity to opt out and avoid any cancellation penalties as they were altering the terms of service.  This way they simply increase your monthly bill and keep you tied to your contract.

0 Likes
misterbill99
Contributor - Level 1

You must have 2 lines if you're paying $1.98, since I'm "only" seeing 99c.

Of course, I thought that the normal monthly charge on my bill was what I was paying for them to provide the service to me, without the need for these **bleep** fees.

What's next? A toilet paper fee?

0 Likes