billing issue
thomasannie59

In mid-may of this year I closed my account with verizon and paid my final bill. Since then I have been checking my account regularly for any additional charges. I had a negative balance of $223 on my account, for which I received a check last week.

However, I received a letter in the mail yesterday from "NORTH SHORE AGENCY" stating that I had not paid my final bill since disconnecting my account and they are looking to collect an amount of $151.53 on behalf of Verizon. 

I am confused, If i owed money in the first place then why did I receive a refund? Is this a scam?

0 Likes
Re: billing issue
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi thomasannie59,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: billing issue
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

thomasannie59,

Thanks for coming into our chat system. We are glad we were able to clarify the bill for you. We are closing this case now. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose

0 Likes