billing overcharge due to sales representative false price claim
Sadfiosman

This is my story how one phone call has led to nearly two weeks of trying to resolve a simple issue.  On Thursday 8/10/17, I called Verizon due to slow wireless connection. Spoke with tech rep and there was not much he could do with wireless speed apparently and offered me newest router. He gave me a price of $149 but said sales rep might be able to get me a better price. Transferred to sales rep, Kandace, and spoke with her.  My contract for 50/50 was about to expire in Nov 2017 (paying $59.99 plus taxes $61.98). She said I could get 75/75 internet for ~$67 and the router for no additional cost, but said I did not want to pay more. She put me on hold several times and came back and told me that she could get me a price that was $10 less than what I was paying but with taxes it would still be under $60. So I was supposed to get faster speed with local channels for less than $60.  She also said that the $90 installation fee was going to be waived as well. We set up to have the tech come out next day which was Friday 8/11.

After I get off phone, I check email and see that my appointment was changed to Monday, so I go change the date to Friday. I see email saying that my estimated bill is north of $70 and has the $90 installation charge split up over two months ($45). So I immediately email her asking about the price and whether the fee will be waived.

I wait until Friday for her to respond. Nothing, so I call Friday (8/11/17) questioning the price. This time I speak with Iricarry and explain the entire situation to her. She says that Kandace did not leave any notes on the file and that the price was not correct on the estimate. Iricarry says that she will try and contact Kandance and see if there was something she was putting it to adjust price properly. If anything she would adjust my package.

So I wait until Monday night 8/14/17. Chat with Kenneth online, he looks at account and says he can only offer me $67.15 price and can not cancel package. I would have to call in morning and speak with someone.

Call 8/15/17. Speak with Jon and explain entire situation. He was going to waive the other $45 installation fee. (Note:  The installation fees were never waived, it is on my bill.)  There must have been a note in my file from talking with Iricarry. He says he will call Kandace and call back later but I tell him I would like situation taken care of now. He puts me on hold for supervisor.  Now I am speaking with Supervisor Mike-he says that 75/75 and local channel price is the cheapest package they offer. We go back and forth about how to lower price and again explain entire situation.  Only way to lower price I am paying is to goto 50/50 and local channels. So I agree to lower package and he sends me an email with bill estimate that was discuss. I am tyring to understand the fees and total of bill and he started to change his tone and get mad. I tell him I am only trying to figure the numbers out.  He says that he will now personally call me once my next bill comes out and walk me through all the charges and make any adjusts he needs to at that time. Because I told him the installation charges will probably be there and he (Mike) said they won’t be.  (Note:  They ARE there as I thought they would be.)

Still not satisfied that I am paying way more than I want to, I call a family member who has a contact with Verizon.  Within 24 hours I receive a call from Ann Marie (executive team) and explain situation to her.  She tells me that agent should not have offered it to me if they could not get that price.  Says she will look into it and get back to me within 24-48 hours.  So, here we are a week later and I have not received a call.  

In summary, I was told by sales agent that I would be PAYING less than $60 a month and my bill comes for Aug-Sept and it is ~$131.  You guessed it.  $45 Installation charge.  ~$25 in taxes that I was not paying is on there.  By the way, supervisor "Mike" has not called back either.

I am NOT satisfied at all with the customer service to say the least.  When someone offers you a product at a certain price and then changes the parameters after you get off the phone, that is NOT OK!!!  

0 Likes
Re: billing overcharge due to sales representative false price claim
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sadfiosman,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes