cancelled service/sent to collections
ckenney1989

Hi, in february of 2008, i purchased wireless hispeed. I was told i could return in 30 days for a full refund. About 20 days later i ended up moving to another residence and decided to cancel my internet with verizon. I was given all my money back and told that my account had been cancelled. About a year later i received a letter from a collections agency at my new address stating i owed 40.00 for my month of service (which was a free trial?)  I paid the 40.00 anyways. NOW, just a few days ago, i went to apply for a VA home loan and was turned down because i have a "charge off, sent to collections" from verizon on my credit report. I am unsure how they can do this when it was a trial and i received a FULL REFUND for the router and service i had to purchase. I have reported this to BBB, the credit bureaus, and they all say that its a legitimate charge ? All i want is verizon to change my credit report to simply state "account closed", instead of "charge off, reported to collections". Is this possible, or is there anything else i can try doing ?  Thanks for any replies

0 Likes
Re: cancelled service/sent to collections
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
handinpalm
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am in the same boat you are in.  I cancelled my service after the rep told me there will be no charge.  I am now fighting the bill collectors.  Verizon is not to be trusted!  If you are a customer, you will get screwed in the end.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3
ckenney1989,

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
kbckwood

I cancelled my service with Verizon 12/28/2011. I have called 2 times per week to try and get a final bill. Since I only had the service for 10 of the 31 days that month, a full payment wasn't due. I did have my Verizon Wireless bill in there and was concerned about that account so I wanted to make sure I was on top of it. I spoke to several different representatives and made sure they knew I wasn't avoiding paying but I knew I was due for a full months amount.

On 1/25/2012, I got charged another $184 and change for Internet and cable. Verizon received our equipment on or about 1/9/2012! I called again and asked for a supervisor, they were too busy to talk but would call back the next day. Gave it 2 days, still no call. Last Wednesday, 2/1/2012 I called again and was assured that someone would review my account and get to the bottom of things.

Today I got a call from a collection agency, EOS-CCA saying that Verizon turned me over to collections for the money due on 2/3/2012! Two days after I had finally gotten someone to agree to review the account! Again I called Verizon and was still unable to get a supervisor to come to the phone. I was told the review was done and I would receive a call this afternoon. I asked about collections and was told I could discuss it with the rep when she calls. Not sure what else I could have done to assure you that you would get you money. I'm hoping to hear from the rep this afternoon. I need this addressed as soon as possible. PLEASE!!

0 Likes
Jdav55

w

0 Likes
anafii

Hi All

Thank you for this message. At least I don't feel alone in that situation. I have about the same problem. I applied for mortgage refinance last week  and here it is VERIZON has already reported me to collection agency (ALLIED) for a bill that does noteven exist. After spending exactly 57 minute and being bounced from one agent to the other, I did not achieve anything with VERIZON's customer services people. The bill was about equipment charges that was already returned but was not processed by VERIZON so I have to suffer their lack of doing bad job. I don't owe them anything. This is the first time a utility company reported me to collection agency.  I guess they don't care about their customers. If VERIZON does not do anything to clear my credit report, I will team up with a friend who is an expert on Social Media to spread my complaint through Twitter and facebook to as many people as I can reach.

0 Likes
gzaugs2010

I bought a phone from amazon wireless and activated it on verizon on 12/23/2011 and then i called amazon wireless and returned it on 1/07/2012. About 3 months later verizon sends me bills saying I owe $100 for the first month and a $400 early termination fee. So I spent about 2 hours on the phone in May and finally proved to verizon that I did not owe them anything. But they also said they sent it to a collection agency and so they transfered me and I thought that part was settled too. Then in July I tried to see if I could start a new acount and they said I still had a dispute with the collection agency. What do I need to do to get this fixed before It ruins my credit.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

These forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the
Verizon Wireless community.

@gzaugs2010 wrote:

I bought a phone from amazon wireless and activated it on verizon on 12/23/2011 and then i called amazon wireless and returned it on 1/07/2012. About 3 months later verizon sends me bills saying I owe $100 for the first month and a $400 early termination fee. So I spent about 2 hours on the phone in May and finally proved to verizon that I did not owe them anything. But they also said they sent it to a collection agency and so they transfered me and I thought that part was settled too. Then in July I tried to see if I could start a new acount and they said I still had a dispute with the collection agency. What do I need to do to get this fixed before It ruins my credit.

0 Likes