cannot reach 1-800-Verizon
Linda-Sue
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have repeatedly (for about 5 hours during the business day!) tried reaching 1-800-Verizon. Either a) I wait on hold until I get a “disconnected” beep-beep-beep tone. Or b) I ask the IVR to call me back on my Verizon landline. The recording calls me back eventually, asks if I'm on the line, and then the line goes dead. I tried holding on for about 10 minutes, thinking maybe I had to hold on and wait to hear a person, but after a while I got that annoying beep-beep-beep again.

Both scenarios happened multiple times. How will I ever be able to cancel this triple play if the company is unreachable?

I had called to find whether I had to do anything about the VPNFilter malware. When I finally reached an agent, he had never heard of VPNFilter. Under which rock has he been hiding? After Googling it, he told me I should have gotten an email about it from Verizon. I never did! He said I don't need to get critical emails; I could just turn on my TV a couple of times a day and check the Message Center. So I asked to speak to his supervisor. He said he’d get him on the line. Then he promptly cut me off and did not call back.

After several tries, I got an agent again. He told me to unplug my router and plug it back in. Although I did so, I don't have great confidence that's the right answer, as he sounded incompetent. He also told me I should have gotten an email from Verizon about it and offered to transfer me to customer service to find out why I'm not getting critical Verizon emails to my registered email address. He offered to call back to follow up. Of course, when he went to transfer me, he cut off the call and nobody called me back.

So,

1) How do I find out the make and model of my router? It's not anywhere on the unit.

2) How do I find out whether this make and model is affected by VPNFilter?

3) If it is affected, what do I have to do?

4) How do I get important emails from Verizon?

5) How do I reach Verizon in the future, especially for cancellation?

So sorry I switched to Verizon. My old ISP was expensive but they had great 24x7 customer service, whereas Verizon evidently provides no service at all.

Re: cannot reach 1-800-Verizon
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Linda-Sue,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes