collections account
tinumin
Ok here is my situation, I had verizon wireless account few years back and had some immigration issues and was out of country for 3 years, I am now back in the country and would like settle this amount with verizon obviously this jas already.been reported to collection agency so now please guide me how to best resolve this issue with verizon or collection agency and since the amount is not big I am ready to pay in full if they delete the entry in my credit report
0 Likes
Re: collections account
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

A few quick points:

A) This is a peer-to-peer forum for Verizon residential services.  Verizon does not offer support through this forum.

B) Verizon Wireless is a different business.  Go to verizonwireless.com to deal with them.

C) Once a collection agency gets involved, the original company often has nothing more to do with the debt any more as they've sold it to the agency for pennies on the dollar.  You will most likely have to deal only with the collection agency.

D) Removing said debt, even when paid in full with interest and penalties, from your credit report is most likely impossible.  After all, you are years late in paying it and that isn't changing.  You may need a lawyer.

E) I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV or the internet.  If you want legal advice, contact a lawyer.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Re: collections account
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As gs0b stated, these forums are dedicated to Residential products and services offered by Verizon.

For help on Verizon Wireless issues, please post your topic on the Verizon Wireless community.

Thank you.

0 Likes