customer service signed me up to renew my contract that I never agreed to
SvetlanaArabov

Hi,

In June 2018, my daughter called to look into service options with verizon for her new house. In that conversation, we asked when our contract was over. The representative asked if she wanted to upgrade speed of internet. We said No. End of conversation.  She hung up and that was the end of that call, or at least that is what we thought. 

We figured we would discuss my new contract and options when the contract officially ends, which was in August 2018. In future conversations with Verizon to discuss packages, they tell us we already have a new contract, that we agreed to renew in June. Total lie and **bleep**. I was looking at other options with Spectrum, so why would I renew without seeing what new contract price is with FIOS and if they are willing to give me what I was paying under old agreement. We call back at least 20 times and asks for supervisor. All notes are in their system. It gets us nowhere. They say we signed up and nothing they can do. Cancellation fee is over $300. Not to mention, new monthly price is over 25% more. So I call today, and I got same thing, and I asked for a solution for both parties to resolve the issue, she says nothing she can do. I ask for her supervisor (Ms. Jenkins), and she said nothing she can do. THEN SHE HANGS UP ON ME! This is insane, they are holding me to a contract I never formally agreed to or signed. They are claiming this was all done orally. Yet, they have nothing on a recorded line saying I did. They are trying to screw me. What do I have to do? Please , anyone , any help, so frustrated. I have been customer for 20 years. And to get treated like crap. Is unreal. so cunning, it's embarassing. Please beware. 

Svetlana

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: customer service signed me up to renew my contract that I never agreed to
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SvetlanaArabov, 

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes