customer service. the worst ever i have ever experienced.
jayoh2

just to make a very long story short. was on the phone for over 4 hours yesturday. another hour today.

had it with the **bleep**. good bye verizon.

the account was in my fathers name , who had past away close to 4 years ago. tried many times before but kept getting transfered over to different departments and then getting hung up on. 

what a crock of !@$#. wont talk to me cause im not the name on the account even tho i'm the one thats been paying for it? even offered to send a copy of death cert. 

customer service is a wreck. 

0 Likes
Re: customer service. the worst ever i have ever experienced.
jonjones1
Legend

You never should have continued paying on a deceased persons account.

you should have cancelled the service via going to Verizon Corporate store with a certified copy of the death certificate to stop the service.

even if you are paying now, the best thing you can do is stop paying the bill, after awhile Verizon will cancel the account. And they cannot collect from a deceased person.

you could contact Verizon legal department and explain it to them and they can have you submit a death certificate to transfer it over to you or another family member.

good luck in getting this fixed.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend
0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually they can collect from the estate of deceased person.  But certainly they will respond to a filed death certificate by cancelling any services and refund for any services that after the date of death.  Of course they may still have charges for up to that date.   Sometimes earlier if you can show the person would have cancelled before then.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@tns2wrote:

Actually they can collect from the estate of deceased person.  But certainly they will respond to a filed death certificate by cancelling any services and refund for any services that after the date of death.  Of course they may still have charges for up to that date.   Sometimes earlier if you can show the person would have cancelled before then.

The poster is talking “that he took over the payments quite some time ago” but never changed the name on the account. Now Fios will not let him get customer services from them. The Fios service way back when should have been cancelled or offered as a transfer to keep the account. Fios would never have gotten squat from the estate. They would have needed to send a Final invoice to the estate administrator if their was one.

simple fix, just take the old deceased persons name off the account. Let the relative have it. Assumption of liability transferred.

0 Likes