email notification
merge

I have a suggestion for email notification when an online payment fails for whatever reason. Two times in the last 12 months my online payment failed when Verizon claims they tried to pull from my bank account, but couldn't find it. The other 10 months, both before and after the failures, succeeded. Why the random failures? Regardless, there should be a feature in the software to email a "notification of payment failure" to alert the customer. Otherwise, it just becomes a late payment and possible disconnect notice. You can go on the website to check if it succeeded some days after the authorization, but I may not always remember. Neither the bank nor Verizon seems to be able to tell my why the failures have happened, so that issue is still unresolved. Solving it would be reduce, but not eliminate, the need for the e-notice.

0 Likes
Re: email notification
Justin46
Legend

merge,

I agree completely with your suggestion.

But I do have a question: how are you paying? I presume from your statement that you have Verizon draft from your bank account, rather than having the bank pay Verizon. And is Verizon doing it automatically every month, or whenever you tell them to? The reason I am asking is that I specifically go to the Verizon website once a month and initiate the payment, have been doing it for three or so years, and have never had a failure. So what you are seeing seems strange to me, but for sure I would want some notification if my payment does fail. Do you get the email from Verizon saying "thank you for the payment....", etc? I get that each time I pay, and I have always assumed that meant all was ok with the payment, but maybe it doesn't?

Anyway, if you pay via the internet, Verizon should certainly notify you if the payment fails.

Keller, TX 76248