Re: explain Video Franchise Fee & PEG Grant Fee
sakar60
TV
  • MA State Sales Tax             $0 .75
  • PEG Grant Fee                     $2.10
    PEG Grant Fee                     $0.63
  • Franchise Related Costs   $1.80
  • Franchise Related Costs   - $1.80                        Total $ 2.73 if PEG grant fee.

How to get rid of these fees? Is these  collected fees  goes to Government and local? Or part of Verizon cost recovery?

**bleep** : We're charged for Franchise Related cost and gave credit. First of all we are  not buying any franchise : we are purchasing only services.

Are we going to pay McDonald Franchise fee if we want to eat Happy Meal?

I do no not have HBO, why I have to Pay for  PEG?

How to get rid of these fees which goes to Verizon's BALANCE SHEET?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@sakar60 wrote:
TV
  • MA State Sales Tax             $0 .75
  • PEG Grant Fee                     $2.10
    PEG Grant Fee                     $0.63
  • Franchise Related Costs   $1.80
  • Franchise Related Costs   - $1.80                        Total $ 2.73 if PEG grant fee.

How to get rid of these fees? Is these  collected fees  goes to Government and local? Or part of Verizon cost recovery?

**bleep** : We're charged for Franchise Related cost and gave credit. First of all we are  not buying any franchise : we are purchasing only services.

Are we going to pay McDonald Franchise fee if we want to eat Happy Meal?

I do no not have HBO, why I have to Pay for  PEG?

How to get rid of these fees which goes to Verizon's BALANCE SHEET?

Certainly you pay the McDonald Franchise fee.  Its just not obvious.

And even if they decided to not directly charge you for these fees it would just go into a future price increase,

Want these fees to disappear or go down?  FIre a few politicians.

0 Likes
OldSkoolDJ

If you live in Mass, you can start by not voting for the {word filter avoidance} that impose the taxes - the frikkin' DEMOCRATS!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@OldSkoolDJ wrote:

If you live in Mass, you can start by not voting for the {word filter avoidance} that impose the taxes - the frikkin' DEMOCRATS!

Just as many republicans backing such taxes, at least in other states.

0 Likes
Re: explain Video Franchise Fee & PEG Grant Fee AND Subway/MTA yearly addons
kimiko1

I am no less annoyed by all the fees and taxes on my Verizon bill than anyone else, but blaming Verizon for passing along its expenses to the customer is a bit silly. If a business does not make a profit, it ceases to exist. The only way a business can make a profit is to sell its product/service for more money than it cost to manufacture/provide those products/services. The taxes and fees governments place on the business's income or product/services become one of those COST of manufaturing/providing said product/service. Duh! Of course they pass it on to the customer. I suppose they could just roll all these taxes and fees into your bill without enumerating them, but in this case Verizon is doing you a service my showing you just how much your government is sticking it to you. That info might just make you a better informed voter.  Think about that the next time a politician promises to make a business "pay their fair share"; the translation is "let's make the consumer pay more". Any corporate tax is a tax on the consumer. Simple as that!

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the board that best matches the subject of your message. Thanks!

0 Likes