Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

explain Video Franchise Fee & PEG Grant Fee

sakar60
Contributor
Contributor

Re: explain Video Franchise Fee & PEG Grant Fee

Message 11 of 16
(2,676 Views)
TV
  • MA State Sales Tax             $0 .75
  • PEG Grant Fee                     $2.10
    PEG Grant Fee                     $0.63
  • Franchise Related Costs   $1.80
  • Franchise Related Costs   - $1.80                        Total $ 2.73 if PEG grant fee.

How to get rid of these fees? Is these  collected fees  goes to Government and local? Or part of Verizon cost recovery?

**bleep** : We're charged for Franchise Related cost and gave credit. First of all we are  not buying any franchise : we are purchasing only services.

Are we going to pay McDonald Franchise fee if we want to eat Happy Meal?

I do no not have HBO, why I have to Pay for  PEG?

How to get rid of these fees which goes to Verizon's BALANCE SHEET?

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 12 of 16
(2,669 Views)

@sakar60 wrote:
TV
  • MA State Sales Tax             $0 .75
  • PEG Grant Fee                     $2.10
    PEG Grant Fee                     $0.63
  • Franchise Related Costs   $1.80
  • Franchise Related Costs   - $1.80                        Total $ 2.73 if PEG grant fee.

How to get rid of these fees? Is these  collected fees  goes to Government and local? Or part of Verizon cost recovery?

**bleep** : We're charged for Franchise Related cost and gave credit. First of all we are  not buying any franchise : we are purchasing only services.

Are we going to pay McDonald Franchise fee if we want to eat Happy Meal?

I do no not have HBO, why I have to Pay for  PEG?

How to get rid of these fees which goes to Verizon's BALANCE SHEET?

Certainly you pay the McDonald Franchise fee.  Its just not obvious.

And even if they decided to not directly charge you for these fees it would just go into a future price increase,

Want these fees to disappear or go down?  FIre a few politicians.

OldSkoolDJ
Contributor
Contributor

Message 13 of 16
(1,978 Views)

If you live in Mass, you can start by not voting for the {word filter avoidance} that impose the taxes - the frikkin' DEMOCRATS!

tns2
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 14 of 16
(1,963 Views)

@OldSkoolDJ wrote:

If you live in Mass, you can start by not voting for the {word filter avoidance} that impose the taxes - the frikkin' DEMOCRATS!

Just as many republicans backing such taxes, at least in other states.

kimiko
Contributor
Contributor

Re: explain Video Franchise Fee & PEG Grant Fee AND Subway/MTA yearly addons

Message 15 of 16
(861 Views)

I am no less annoyed by all the fees and taxes on my Verizon bill than anyone else, but blaming Verizon for passing along its expenses to the customer is a bit silly. If a business does not make a profit, it ceases to exist. The only way a business can make a profit is to sell its product/service for more money than it cost to manufacture/provide those products/services. The taxes and fees governments place on the business's income or product/services become one of those COST of manufaturing/providing said product/service. Duh! Of course they pass it on to the customer. I suppose they could just roll all these taxes and fees into your bill without enumerating them, but in this case Verizon is doing you a service my showing you just how much your government is sticking it to you. That info might just make you a better informed voter.  Think about that the next time a politician promises to make a business "pay their fair share"; the translation is "let's make the consumer pay more". Any corporate tax is a tax on the consumer. Simple as that!

GaryDM
Moderator Moderator

Message 16 of 16
(857 Views)

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the board that best matches the subject of your message. Thanks!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title