Getting Fed Up With FIOS Billing Issue - Can someone resolve this???
madison1137

I'm getting really fed up with a FIOS billing issue that I'm having. When I went to renew my service in March, I agreed to renew for two more years on the condition - and I was VERY specific - that the pricing would remain under $130 a month for the entire length of the contract. I had run into a problem in my previous contract, where part way through the agreement, Verizon just randomly started raising my rates. At the time, it took countless hours and phone calls to reach somebody to resolve the issue - and the manager wound up manually crediting me each month to honor the pricing agreement until the contract was up. ... So, I didn't want to run into this issue again. So, I was VERY specific that the agreed-upon price had to be honored for the life the two-year agreement - no so-called promos would be expiring, etc. The price would remain set in stone. I even downgraded the TV package that I had to ensure the price was under $130 a month.  The rep sent me a sample bill that showed my price would be $127 the first month. So, I thought I could trust him. ... BUT - when I actually received the first bill, it was for $138. So after many calls, the rep agreed to credit me the difference and assured me the problem would be fixed by the second bill. I just received the second bill - and it's $154!  So, it's now $24 more than I was promised. AGAIN - I spent countless hours being transferred from one person to another (Three hours yesterday alone) - and they finally agreed to credit my account. But - nobody seems to be able to fix this permanently to make sure that my bill reflects the pricing I was promised. I would never have agreed to sign up for two years unless I was guaranteed a particular price.  I can't be phoning in every single month and spending countless hours on the phone to get credits every month!  Is there someone on the corporate side that can fix this? Or is this just a deliberate "bait-and-switch" tactic on Verizon's part to get people to sign up and then not honor the price promised once the customer has signed on?

0 Likes
Re: Getting Fed Up With FIOS Billing Issue - Can someone resolve this???
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi madison1137,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
mickeyv1

Hello, I hope you can help me. On 4/29/14 I signed up for triple play at 59.99. On 5/10 I saw the offer of free movie pac for 3months and subscribed. install on 5/14 went great but now I'm being billed at 79.99. I've called billing and retention 3 times and each time they say it was a glitch and give them a few days to fix it. I now have a bill for the wrong amount and am coming up on my 30 day window to cancel. I love the service but can't live with this bait and switch.  Thanks  Mike

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

mickeyv,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
mickeyv1

Thank You, The agents thru chat were finally able to fix my problem. They were very nice and got it fixed when my calls to retention were getting nowhere.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

mickeyv,

Thank you for reaching out to us and allowing us to resolve the billing issue. Your case is now closed.  If you need assistance in the future, please create a new post.

Thanks,

-Kimberly

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Glad we could be of assistance to you, madison1137.

Let us know if you happen to need anything else.

Best,

Art

0 Likes