illegal and unauthorized plan change
Petitepatty

I had an unauthorized change to my Fios plan on 12/24/2018 which increased the bill by over $50/month. I have made several calls asking for my plan to go back to the previous plan which had discounts that did not expire until 2020. Here is the history:

12/26/18- called Verizon customer service and spent 41 minutes on phone asking why I received 5 emails on 12/25 saying “thank you for your order” when I did not place an order.  The agent couldn’t explain the change and said she showed "no change" on her end and assured me that my plan and bill would not change from the previous plan.

1/31/19- I noticed my bill had changed with an increase of over $50/month so I called Verizon customer service and spoke to an agent who again said my bill should not have changed because my discounts had not expired.  The agent told me NOT to pay the new bill and that she would work on this matter to fix it and that she would call me by the end of the day to give me a status.  I never heard back from her. 

2/5/19- I called Verizon customer service to ask about status and was told that I had to use the new plan because it had been ordered via remote control from my home on 12/24 and that there was nothing that could be done to change back to the previous plan.  I informed the agent that this was the first time I had heard that explanation and that I am the only resident in my home and that I was not home on 12/24.  I told her that I never authorized the plan change and told that I wanted the plan to be changed back to the previous plan I had used in 2018.  She said maybe they could give me some discounts to get me close to the old plan and that it would take two weeks to review. 

I have been thinking about this and I want to escalate this matter of an unauthorized, unconfirmed, illegal change in my plan.  I never ordered a change and there are no other residents in my home.  I called after seeing the email with the order and said there was some mistake.  The agent could not tell me where the order came from and told me not to worry because she could not see any change in plan or price on her end.  When I called again on 1/31 after seeing a new plan and higher bill but the agent still could not explain the change and told me not to pay my bill. 

Conclusion:  This change was not made by me or authorized by me, the account holder, and is considered an illegal action on my account.  Furthermore, Verizon has not been able to provide any reasonable explanation why this change was made.  I am asking that Verizon switch my account back to my original plan based on my 2018 billing. 

0 Likes
Re: illegal and unauthorized plan change
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Petitepatty,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes