just another vent
crittermom
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why am I not surprised at all the posts about Verizon treats/mistreats the very customers that are a part of making them as big as they are? And, just because they are so darned big doesn't give them the right to treat anyone so badly. Personally, I would rather not call "customer service". 

But, today it was necessary. Two years ago, almost to the day, I moved into my current apartment and had Verizon/FIOS installed and a 2 year contract.  I knew the day was coming when I was going to have to decide what to do going forward. Moreso now as I am permanently disabled and existing on disability income only and have been in an out of hospital the past several months so internet, tv etc., wasn't even on my mind much. I had a friend pay my bills when I wasn't in shape to do so myself and am just now feeling almost human.

So I call this morning to see what would be available to me now or when my contract expires soon. And at a lot lower that the current $234 a month! It started out at $164/month but over time the credits I originally received disappeared. $234 could be a car payment!!  Also, my son is moving out the end of the month so his set top box won't be needed and I also wouldn't have the need for whole house DVR.

I was advised that not only is my contract not ending but, there is 17 months left on it!!!! WTH?? Was told that I signed a new 2 year contract 12/2013 when I discontinued the Back Up & Storage and upgraded the internet speed. First of all that didn't happen, the topic of a new contract wasn't even discussed. And why would I even sign a new contract?? It wasn't necessary and defies logic. But, the rep insisted that I did renew and so it must be so. Thankfully, I keep all those emails forever and there is email from Verizon about the 2 changes I made and not one word about a new contract. This must be the trick they use to keep people in a never ending contract.  Anyway, the best she could do for me was $171 with downgrades. I told her that I'd already spoken with Comcast and could get almost the same only better for under $100/month. She was silent. Not another word from her at all, so I thanked her and hung up.

I'm not a fan of Verizon or Comcast for that matter, they are equally deficient in customer care/service not to mention that the bigger they get the worse they get. For now these seem to be the only options available to me. That doesn't mean I have to like it. It sucks, seriously.  Now, some might think these services are not necessities and perhaps they are right, but, when you've had your back cut open a couple of times in 8+ hour surgeries each and are now so disabled that I'm almost a recluse, I do come to count on phone, tv & internet.  I find it inherently wrong that pay so much for so little really. I mean I watch maybe 20 different channels and have zero interest in the other 200+ and shouldn't have to pay for them.

Most importantly is the fact that while already in a 2 year contract that Verizon decided when I made a change they had the right to sneakily put me in a new 2 year contract. Ok, I'm done for now. At the rate I'm going I'll probably be in some sort of housing for disabled. Peace.

0 Likes
Re: just another vent
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: just another vent
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry we were unable to reach a more favorable conclusion to your case, crittermom. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns by posting on our public boards.

Best,

Art

0 Likes