midland credit management
njemt
In 2011, my house was sold and the final payment was made to Verizon plus shut off fees. I have been receiving collection notices since late 2011 from Midland which continue to today! I have contacted Verizon collections and on 4/11 spoke to a collections rep who promised to send me a zero balance letter to submit to Midland but as of today, I have received nothing and have not been able to reach Verizon collections as their hours are 9-5 Monday- Friday.
Midland continues to harass me with constant threatening phone calls.
Why can't Verizon get their act together and update their records with the collection agencies????
0 Likes
Re: midland credit management
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lauri67,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: midland credit management
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

- Joseph_VZ

0 Likes
Verizon and Midland LLC
henderg

I need help!  I have been disputing my final bill with Verzion and their collection cohorts (the latest being Midland) since the fall of 2010.  Unfortunately, my conflict with leaving Verizon has persisted and created other issues; including outside three collection companies (Allied, CBCS, and Midland).  

It was not until the final month (August 2010) with Verizon that I had the final bill for $700 (clearly an error) and eventually ended up being $211.  In short, although I left Verizon and received a refund, the all-in-one billing becomes separated when you leave Verizon.  There is a bill for each:  phone, cell and cable after you leave  Verzion if you had all-in-one billing.  It took almost two years and a conversation with Ben at Verzion to figure that out.  According to Ben, a payment was due for the cell portion because he said the cell bill is paid in advance by one part of Verizon and funds are transferred within....something that is not known to customers.  He also agreed the charges for additional cable services (added on the final bill) was not justifiable.  It does not make sense to have new charges for cable when you've left the company.  I am more than willing to pay for charges I legitably owe. However, I will not accept the negative credit reporting and additional fees.

I've contacted Allied Interstate, CBCS, and Midland,  the collection agency, and they've noted my account that the issue is still unresolved/customer dispute on my credit file.

Back in 2012 (March), I spoke with Ms. Glass who gave me the name of her supervisor, Steve {edited for privacy}.  Also, within Verizon, I've address this matter with Ben {edited for privacy} and Loren {edited for privacy}. Ben sent me to Loren.  I was informed by Loren her manager will not authorize the negative reversal sent to my credit report.   I requested through Loren to speak with her manager (not given his/her name) the week of March 18, and there has been no return call. Since that decision I have left both Ben (voicemail) and Loren (left with a live person) messages and contact has not been made.  

In closing, it is clear I had an excellent payment history for many years (20+ years) when I paid each bill separately and after many phone calls requesting I change to the all-in-one package with Verizon prior to my last bill as well as all of my creditors.  In my 48-years of outstanding credit, I would not intentionally jeopardize

my outstanding credit history for $211.  Moreover, I've communicated (for over three years) regarding this matter electronically and  mailing four different addresses with pages and pages of documentation. I've sent this communication to Weldon Springs, MO - St. Petersburg, FL - Excessively, MD and Dallas, TX.  I attempted to contact Michelle Robinson, President SE Region but was not able to determine her address.

I am exhausted with this process.  I am fighting a GIANT!  I think I will contact my local community reporter at the local stations in the Tampa Bay area and explain my plight.  Maybe they can get me the help I need.

G. Henderson

0 Likes
Re: Verizon and Midland LLC
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi henderg,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,

We are sorry that we were not able to get with you. Please come back if you still need our assistance.

Thank you,

Bert

0 Likes
dswab

i need to pay my verizon bill that went to collection couple of years ago, but it seems i dont know and no one knows who i can talk about it on making a payment.who do i need to get in touch to take care of this collection account?

0 Likes