Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

my contract expires in a few months. What's the re-contract process?

Contributor
Contributor

my contract expires in a few months. What's the re-contract process?

Message 1 of 4
(4,814 Views)

Hi VZ,

My contract will be expire in this June and I wonder how I can re-contract and what's the new rate.

Currently offers on the web are looking better than mine.

Can I chosse one of offers which best interest me when my current plan is expired?

What about installation fee?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Moderator Moderator

Re: my contract expires in a few months. What's the re-contract process?

Message 2 of 4
(4,810 Views)

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 3 of 4
(4,807 Views)

You will need to beg and plead and probably threaten to leave to get deals online.  All providers, regardless who they are, do NOT <care> about existing customers.  If you log onto my.verizon.com and get a carrot dangled in front of you about offers available, forget about it.  Its a tease.  A $79 package they tell you about, oh its for new customers. Expect that same package for existing VZ customers to come in at $99 or $109.  Next Month I will be fighting with them about my package.  I guess we will see if I stay or leave.  Good Luck!!!!

Your best bet is to know what offers are available and then call.  See what they can offer.  Last year I got $10 off per month which kept my double play package price the same.  I'm not hopefully I will get the same discount since it tells me my existing package is now $99.

Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 4 of 4
(4,763 Views)

Verizon now has a newer online upgrade center that makes it easy to renew and/or upgrade. Your best bet is to renew before your current contract expires to ensure you get a good deal even if you do it a day or 2 prior. Sign into your account and click on the upgrade center, look at your options, then go from there. If you wait until your contract expires I have no idea if the online offers will still be there or not. I dont know how that works. I just renewed mine after a year and half although I wasnt in a contract.

Dont bother calling them for an offer because you will get no where. Stick to the online upgrade center. Its the best you will get. 

There is no re-installation fee if you renew. Your billing date also stays the same regardless of when you renew or upgrade. Any price changes will be pro-rated on the next bill.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.