name changes
vrydisappointed

I find it VERY disappointing that a company as large as Verizon has to do a credit check in order to change a name on an account. I was divorced 7yrs ago, maintain my same verizon fios and wireless accounts and was recently remarried...WHY DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO DO A CREDIT CHECK? Any other company requires proof of name change like a MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE....my credit worthiness has not changed JUST MY NAME!!!! I continue to get more and more disappointed with Verizon, there is no way to actually send anything to them directly, they hide behind blogs and forums, their customer service has gone way down in the last 2 yrs. 

0 Likes
Re: name changes
jonjones1
Legend

@vrydisappointedwrote:

I find it VERY disappointing that a company as large as Verizon has to do a credit check in order to change a name on an account. I was divorced 7yrs ago, maintain my same verizon fios and wireless accounts and was recently remarried...WHY DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO DO A CREDIT CHECK? Any other company requires proof of name change like a MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE....my credit worthiness has not changed JUST MY NAME!!!! I continue to get more and more disappointed with Verizon, there is no way to actually send anything to them directly, they hide behind blogs and forums, their customer service has gone way down in the last 2 yrs. 

I agree it is stupid. However is there or was there a real need to change the name on the service. Hell my wife uses her family name and not mine. The mail still gets delivered to our home, her bank accounts and stocks account knows who she is etc.

i would not have bothered to call Verizon. 

I dont believe the provider of tv, phone and internet is someone to care about a name change. And why would they do a credit check? Sometimes it shows all your names you have been known under. That may be why the credit check. Maybe nothing to do with credit worthiness.

0 Likes