Switch Account

new contract, rep lied about monthly charge, never sent email confirming what we discussed either

new contract, rep lied about monthly charge, never sent email confirming what we discussed either

Contributor khan
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(548 Views)

i called on june 30 since our contract was ending first week of july. i told them i wanted to keep the price as close to where it was - $95 after tax. so after negotiations, we did a 2 yr contract for $105 after tax ($89.99 before tax).  The representative assured me over the phone that my bill would remain at $105 for the contact period and the only thing that would change was a downgrade in TV package from premium to prime. He advised us that we would still keep the korean channels. so the next month (july), as expected, bill came to $105. this month bill (august) came to 140ish and they said it's because the promotion ended from the previous contract. why is that relavant? i did a NEW contract. but they said the promotion that just expired was the only reason i got the $105 price for that month. and my new contract was for $119.99 + $24.99 for the korean package + 16.99 for dvr rental - $25 promotion. This is ridiculous.  The first representative basically misinformed us or lied to us.  Why would we agree to a ONE MONTH promotion of $105???  He acted like he was going to renew all the promotions to keep the price at $105 but it was only for ONE MONTH?!?!?!  He was also going to send us a confirmation email regarding the new plan we agreed on.  We never got one and when I spoke with Thomas badge# 61076, he said that the first representative failed to send us a confirmation like they are suppose to.  This leads me to believe that the rep did this on purpose and screwed us over.  I will NOT be put into a 2 year contract for a price we did not agree upon.  I never signed anything agreeing to that price nor did I verbally commit to it.  Either give us the $105 after tax plan I spoke with him about or cancel us and waive the cancellation fee.  I want PROOF that we agreed to $140 something a month.  verbal recording or a written contract because I know we didn't.  It should be $105.  Thanks for ripping us off Verizon rep!  I'm glad you got your sale.  

I'm going to file a complaint with everyone.  BBB, FCC, etc.  SHADY rep, shady company.

{edited for privacy}

1 REPLY 1
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.