paid my bill twice!
bradproductions

hey i recently paid my bill with another card on my account and i forgot i had autopay on my 1st card so i got charged on both. i cancelled one of the charges but funds have got taken out of my account and it doesnt even show up on my banking app. when you cancel a payment when do they return your money??

0 Likes
Re: paid my bill twice!
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi bradproductions,

Please be aware that this a forum where users help other users. If you wish to speak with a Verizon representative about your issue, then please visit the Contact Us page. For billing questions, please contact Verizon during normal business hours.

0 Likes
Re: paid my bill twice!
jonjones1
Legend

@bradproductions wrote:

hey i recently paid my bill with another card on my account and i forgot i had autopay on my 1st card so i got charged on both. i cancelled one of the charges but funds have got taken out of my account and it doesnt even show up on my banking app. when you cancel a payment when do they return your money??

If you stop payment or pay twice on a separate card it's the card issuer that removes the over payment. You must contact your bank. The situation is if verizon received a notice of a chargeback or cancel payment they may charge you a fee for the situation.

I use one time payment and never auto pay. You don't want anyone to have free access to your money or accounts. Credit card payments are easier to cancel, and easier to dispute and much safer than using any bank debit card.

0 Likes