"Discount" means I am now paying more every month!
JFox5150

Synopsis: I am a Verizon Wireless customer as well as a FIOS (internet, phone and television) customer. On Thursday 12.5.13 I upgraded my iPhone at a storefront Verizon Wireless location.  The representatives stated they were going to look for any discounts that could be applied to my account for being both a wireless and FIOS subscriber.  My discount is that I am now paying about $5.00 more per month for the same services I had before I walked in the door!

Statement: During the phone upgrade process another employee of the Verizon Wireless store approached me and stated he could offer me more movie channels in addition to NFL Redzone, The Outdoor Network (and a few others) for an additional $5.00 (approximately) per month.  I assumed when he said “additional movie channels” he meant more than what I currently had.  I also assumed, wrongly, that there was indeed a discount being applied and this was the reason for the price point.

Prior to any changes being made I was subscribed to the TV Extreme HD package with the Fully Loaded Entertainment Pack added.  I was changed to the Ultimate HD package which included the additional channels listed above but did not include the HBO family of channels.  “Additional movie channels” meant I lost HBO and added others in its place.  This was not explained; had I been informed I was going to lose the HBO family of channels I would not have made any changes. 

After speaking to two representatives over the phone today I was told I cannot change back to my old plan because it no longer exists in the form I had it.  So I am now paying more money each month for exactly the same services I had prior to entering the Verizon store.  At best it is disingenuous to encourage an employee to “up sell” packages that do not deliver what is implied. 

0 Likes
Re: "Discount" means I am now paying more every month!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: "Discount" means I am now paying more every month!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello JFox5150,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close out the private message. If you still need help with your bundle or ever need help with anything else, let us know in a new public post.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes