"My Verizon" web page is a tabloid! :-((
SMD111

Why is it that whenever I login to "My Verizon" I am taken to http://entertainment.verizon.com/ even when I do not wish to be entartained?

Why must I see all those mug shots and a page full of commercial garbage every time I try to simply check my email on the web?

This is the worst web site ever and I am glad that other people are saying the same.

0 Likes
Re: "My Verizon" web page is a tabloid! :-((
Justin46
Legend

@SMD111 wrote:

Why is it that whenever I login to "My Verizon" I am taken to http://entertainment.verizon.com/ even when I do not wish to be entartained?

Why must I see all those mug shots and a page full of commercial garbage every time I try to simply check my email on the web?

This is the worst web site ever and I am glad that other people are saying the same.

I guess because you have the Email, News, & TV option selected:

On the other hand, if you select Accounts & Services you will go to a different "home page." You many not fnd that one any better, but it will be different. Smiley Very Happy

Why in the world are you using My Verizon if you just want to check your email? I just don't understand why anybody would do that. Simply to go webmail.verizon.net/signin and you won't see any of that useless crap, it will take you directly to  email.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Keller, TX 76248

prisaz
Legend

There is another one for the list. Have accounts and services, show my accounts and services, not everything else too.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Justin,

With the recent changes I find it jumps to a worthless page about the new web site and then to the my Verizon page you have set, even when you use try to directly go to webmail or forums directly.  They need to fix it to go where you asked after the signin.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@tns wrote:

Justin,

With the recent changes I find it jumps to a worthless page about the new web site and then to the my Verizon page you have set, even when you use try to directly go to webmail or forums directly.  They need to fix it to go where you asked after the signin.

Not true for me. When I use the webmail link it goes directly to webmail.

Do you use the two week signin? I do, if you don't, maybe that is a difference. Other than that I have no idea why what I see would be different.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@Justin wrote:

@tns wrote:

Justin,

Not true for me. When I use the webmail link it goes directly to webmail.

Do you use the two week signin? I do, if you don't, maybe that is a difference. Other than that I have no idea why what I see would be different.

Keller, TX 76248

Yes, I use the two weeks signin, but it doesn't work well for me.  Tends to get cleared out.  Not sure by what, possibly my Norton software.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@tns wrote:

Yes, I use the two weeks signin, but it doesn't work well for me.  Tends to get cleared out.  Not sure by what, possibly my Norton software.

Interesting coincidence, today my 2 week signin expired. I checked the VOLRememberMe cookie and sure enough it expired this afternoon. Had to do the two week signin again, now the cookie expires on Jan.10, 2013, exactly as it should. I have not had the two week signin fail since I started using it probably 6 months ago.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
Re: "My Verizon" web page is a tabloid!
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

SMD111 wrote:

... whenever I login to "My Verizon" I am taken to http://entertainment.verizon.com/ even when I do not wish to be entartained ... Why must I see all those mug shots and ... garbage every time I ... check my email ... ? ...

If you don't like what you're seeing, it's a simple matter to make changes.  For example, try the formula I suggested earlier in this post:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/General-Residential-Products-and/Stop-hiding/m-p/517071#M7825

SMD111 wrote:

... This is the worst web site ever and I am glad that other people are saying the same.

I'm not entirely sure how that provides comfort.

0 Likes