"Not Supported Method" error when trying to sign into MyVerizon with Chrome Browser
EvanVanVan
Enthusiast - Level 3

For the past week or two whenever I try and log into the MyVerizon site to check my bill I get an error message saying "Not Supported Method".  This happens weather I use login screen that pops up when I first visit the site, use the login boxes on the right side of the page, or use the "Sign In" button in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

Same issue as here: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Chrome/thread?tid=126522d6d3ccb9dd&hl=en

I'm on the latest Chrome browser: 15.0.874.106

P.S. I just found an inconvenient workaround coming to the forums here to sign in first.. It seems I'm now logged in across the rest of Verizon.

Please fix this, I'd like to be able to sign into my MyVerizon account directly like I was able to a few weeks ago..

Re: "Not Supported Method" error when trying to sign into MyVerizon with Chrome Browser
KenWVT1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes please fix this I have the same problem !!!

-Ken

Re: "Not Supported Method" error when trying to sign into MyVerizon with Chrome Browser
lotor
Enthusiast - Level 2

same here but with firefox as well; it works on opera and *dread* internet explorer.i do not like using ie because it is slow and unsecure please help as i hate using ie i like my firefox and start supporting opera desktop.you support opera mobile why not the desktop version. but most of all please get the not supported method taken care of.as i am getting sick and tired of trying multiple times and not getting any where.

janicwedge

I have notbe able to sign into my account to pay my bill by credit cart. Please clarigy so tha I do not incur a lateness charge. This is NOT MY FAULT.

Janet Wedge

0 Likes
Spiral9

It is a pain and I could swear that just a few weeks ago I was able to log in from Chrome without problem.  Thank you though for the workaround of logging into the forums first.  I tried several different ways and couldn't find any, so it's nice to know that going through the forums works at least.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Good Morning,

Google Chrome at this time is not a supported browser. You may be able to use it and for some locations or features it will work but as far as Verizon supporting Google Chrome it is not one that we support.  We support  Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and MacIntosh Safari.  The link below will show the browsers that we do support http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSInternet/General+Support/Top+Questions/QuestionsOne/121...

The VZ site will prompt you to use a supported browser if you are having trouble viewng a page. When we go to MyVerizon using an HP Touchpad that has WebOS browser it tells us that certain featured do not work and to use a supported browser such as IE or FireFox.

Thanks,

Tonya D.  

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@TonyaD_VZ wrote:

Good Morning,

Google Chrome at this time is not a supported browser. You may be able to use it and for some locations or features it will work but as far as Verizon supporting Google Chrome it is not one that we support.  We support  Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and MacIntosh Safari.  The link below will show the browsers that we do support http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSInternet/General+Support/Top+Questions/QuestionsOne/121...

The VZ site will prompt you to use a supported browser if you are having trouble viewng a page. When we go to MyVerizon using an HP Touchpad that has WebOS browser it tells us that certain featured do not work and to use a supported browser such as IE or FireFox.

Thanks,

Tonya D.  

Tonya,

You should check on this link:

http://www22.verizon.com/about/privacy/browser/

Very clearly Google Chrome is a supported browser. Verizon is just terrible at keeping their web pages updated and often you can find clearly conflicting information.

Now the link I just provided says Chrome 12.x while the OP says they are using 15.x. That may very well be the issue for that person. But the other posts talk about IE and Firefox, both of which are in fact supported and yet not working.

My experience with playing around with IE, Firefox, and Chrome, and Safari on my Windows PC, plus exchanges with users here who have experienced various problems, is that frequently they have either browser add-ons installed that conflict with Verizon websites or settings that are incompatible, or sometimes that they have an anti-virus or firewall tool installed that prevents proper access. My suggestions when people have issues are to start their browser without any add-ons to see if the issue goes away, and if that doesn't work to try disabling temporarily their anti-virus and/or firewall, amazing how often one of those fixes the issue.

Keller, TX 76248

thisdudeiknew
Enthusiast - Level 1

After browsing the web, I discovered a thread on Mozilla's forums that suggested removing any and all cookies associated with Verizon as well as clearing the cache. Specific instructions on how to delete individual cookies can be found here

Justin46
Legend

Just a quick update, I just accessed My Verizon just fine with Google Chrome 15.0.874.121 (on Windows 7). Checked phone logs, billing, DVR access, email, news, account tools, etc, all fine.

The URL I am using to log in on both Chrome and Firefox is:

https://www22.verizon.com/Foryourhome/MyAccount/Unprotected/UserManagement/Login/Login.aspx

Don't know what that says other than My Verizon will work for me with the latest Google Chrome.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
SeanSatori

Considering Chrome now has a greater share of the overall browser market than Firefox, hopefully this statement is not factually accurate.

0 Likes