"Your bundled services changed."
skillick

Let me start this off by saying that I have been a loyal FIOS customer for 5+ years and have had a great customer experience up until this point.  However, this past month, my "bundled services changed" without any explanation or details in my account and my monthly bill has now gone up $25.36.  Here's a brief history of the situation so far:

Back in February of this year, I called Verizon to upgrade my TV service to include more basic cable channels.  After some time, I was able to get a good deal on a bundle of which I still have the original receipt that shows that my bundled discounts are good until February 13, 2019.  I had to look this up just to make sure I wasn't going crazy after speaking with the Verizon representative the other day, but here's what it looks like on the receipt:

–$5 Preferred HD TV Agreement Discount Included thru Feb 13, 2019 
–$5 Agreement Discount Included thru Feb 13, 2019 
–$20 Agreement Discount Included thru Feb 13, 2019

You see the date, yes?  Let's continue...

A couple of months ago, I received a notice in the mail from Verizon that basically said my account was going to be changed and my monthly charges could go up as much as $25.  At this point, I called customer service and spoke to someone that could not find any indication on my account that any changes were going to take place or that any notices were sent out to me.  This was a little confusing, but I was told not worry about it and if any changes did take place, a note would be made on my account that we had this conversation and that I would be taken care of.

Fast forward to present day and my account is now being charged $25.36 more a month with no details as to why in my account.  This time, I decided to chat with a Verizon representative online.  I guess the first representative didn't make any notes in my account because I was not taken care of.   To keep this short, my bundle had expired this month (is it 2019 already?) and that's why my account is being charged more. I was told that my monthly charged would go back to where they were by applying some other discounts (I'll keep holding my breath), but they could not do anything about the extra money I was charged for this past month.  However, I was assurred that this would by brought to upper management's attention and that someone would get back to me regarding this issue.  It has only been a few days, but I eagerly look forward to hearing from someone. 

In the meantime, could anyone explain to me why Verizon thinks they can make changes to customer's accounts that are under contract and then give people the run-around when they try to contact customer service about it?

0 Likes
Re: "Your bundled services changed."
Jay130

They did the same thing to me.  Verizon provides good service but I may leave the Company entirely due to these type of billing practices that I have experienced repeatedly in my 20 years as a customer.

0 Likes
Re: "Your bundled services changed."
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes