".us" not allowed -- Cannot change Email address ---@---.us is not a valid address
SteelerNation
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently got a new email address, and I have to change my Verizon account notifications to the new email address.  The new address is a ---@---.us address from the '.us' top level domain.

When I try to change my email address using Verizon's system, I cannot change it, as it says, "Please enter a valid email address." And I cannot continue...

Help Verizon! This is 2019! WE don't just use .com and .net email addresses any more!!!!

0 Likes
Re: ".us" not allowed -- Cannot change Email address ---@---.us is not a valid address
jonjones1
Legend

Funny that in my old job we used my.name@governmentagency.state.us and it was not an issue. Most .us have been changed over to .gov

this maybe the issue as the mail systems are phazed out at .us and the verizon mx server does not recognize your .us

seems reasonable. Try not using a work email but a personal email. Free email services abound.

0 Likes
Re: ".us" not allowed -- Cannot change Email address ---@---.us is not a valid address
SteelerNation
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, that's not a solution, I'll have all my email going to my personal email address, then I'll have ONE email going to an account I'll never check. 

Verizon has to fix this!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@SteelerNation wrote:

Yeah, that's not a solution, I'll have all my email going to my personal email address, then I'll have ONE email going to an account I'll never check. 

Verizon has to fix this!

When my government agency issued the .us and then .gov we were informed these are not to be used for personal use but agency only use. Our email was saved every evening and it was not private.

i as i suggested opened a free throw away account at Outlook/Hotmail and it works great for all my vendor email notices. 

But you do as you see fit.

0 Likes
SteelerNation
Enthusiast - Level 3

What are you talking about? I own a domain on the .us tld. I issue my own email addresses. .US has nothing to do with Government agencies, unless a government agency purchased a .us domain --- but most are under .gov.

ANYONE can purchase a domain under the  .us tld.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

What i am talking about is like .edu and .gov the designation “originally” was used for government use only. I am not aware it was released for general use. Its possible since the same government agencies have migrated over to .gov and you are stating you are using it.

as in my old email address it was “first name.lastname@oag.state.ny.us” it was not for use by just anyone. About 7 years ago our official .us was migrated over to “firstname.lastname@oag.ny.gov” 

i could not see the .us being used for general release. 

I am only giving you a thought as to why verizon is not accepting it. 

0 Likes