renewal center is broken and live chat doesn't grasp what the problem is
xirian1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

My bundle came to an end this month, so I decided I'd upgrade. When I go to the upgrade center, I'm offered digital voice and 35/35 fios for $74.99/month. However, Once I get to the summary page, it shows the discount on the first month, listed as a 24 month discount. Months 2-24 however are full price, over $90. Live chat told me these are correct, which it is not, as 24 months would mean a credit for 24 months. How can I get to someone who will actually give me the quoted price instead of sticking their fingers in their ears? 

0 Likes
Re: renewal center is broken and live chat doesn't grasp what the problem is
scarletfever

I completely agree. My first month price always comes up cheap, and then months 2-7 are higher, and after that is significantly  higher. I've complained about it on the forums and never get a response. I also chatted with someone and they acted as though nothing was out of the ordinary. 

The only threads here that never get replies are the ones referring to the renewal center. It's fairly obvious that they just try and trick people into thinking they'll start over at a low price, when reality that price is only good for the first month.

0 Likes
Re: renewal center is broken and live chat doesn't grasp what the problem is
Kiz2

I had the identical problem -- I'm glad it's not just me! I went through two chat agents, on two days, who kept insisting that renewal center had a bug and the higher price was the correct one. Then I called and the in-person rep quoted me yet another wholly different price. Ug. Obvious this "bug" has been going on for months. 

The renewal screen kept showing me this:

... and the checkout screen kept showing that price only for month 1 and a $20/month higher price ($104.99) for months 2-24. 

Even better? When I threw up my hands and clicked to go ahead and get it anyway, the "estimate of monthly bill" that arrived was wholly different again, this one showing $94.99 a month for the package. For month 1? All? I have no idea. 

It's frustrating as hell. 

0 Likes