Switch Account

self install gift card

self install gift card

Contributor psainz
Contributor
Message 1 of 8
(3,200 Views)

When I ordered my FIOS 90 days ago i was told I would get 100 visa card PLUS 50 gift card for self install...Online on my rewards all it says is I am getting the 100 card in about 3 days from now....When I ordered it online the chat support person told me it would ll be together in one card....I have a bad feeling I am not getting the extra self install 50 gift card....Must be too good to be true....

7 REPLIES 7
Contributor rhwoody
Contributor
Message 2 of 8
(2,829 Views)

I also was promised a $100 gift card and it's been 3 months. I've made numerous calls as well as many emails (9 since 4/10) trying to find out what's going on. I've been told it is listed on my account as such but noone can seem to direct me to the correct number/person to talk to. I've been told another company handles the gift card, not Verizon. I don't care who handles it, Verizon promised me the gift card and I did the self install so they're responsible to get it to me. Not very good business trying to pass the buck..I have friends who would like to switch services but are leery now since I've had so many problems.

Contributor psainz
Contributor
Message 3 of 8
(2,822 Views)

I finally got mine after call upon call and threatening them and leaving messages for supervisor..

The number i called that handles it...WELL they send the message to the department that does...It is appraently ONE person for all of verizon and they backed up on request...

1-866-818-0344.

They will send you an email eventually with a link that you go to and basically pick out what store you want the gift card from....

I was told only a 50 card but got a 100 card in the mail...BONUS....

maybe they were tired of all my calls and harrasement....

VERIZON customer service SUCKS!!!!!!! But I will never go with comcast.

Contributor scamming
Contributor
Message 4 of 8
(2,742 Views)

i have been calling and emailing for over two months with more than 11 different people this month alone being bounced back and fort between the ((( VERIZON TEAM SUPPORT AND THE  PROMOTIONS DEPT  )))) they have told me over three times the gift card was sent but i never received, VERIZON HAS LIED AND SCAMMED US and they dont care and just waiting till most people just give up, i am really tired even though i like the fios i might still change because of the scams and lies of the VERIZON TEAM--if they have promissed you something GOOD LUCK GETTING IT ---

Contributor scamming
Contributor
Message 5 of 8
(2,740 Views)

YUP  ! I ALREADY RECOMENDED PEOPLE TO THE SHARE THE NETWORK AND THAT WAS THE SAME, ABOUT 1 1/2 MONTHS OF CALLING AND EMAILING , I WON'T DO THAT AGAIN, BUT I DID GET THE CARD --WHAT A FIGHT TO GET VERIZON TO KEEP THEIR WORD ON ANY PROMOTIONS-- CROSS YOUR FINGERS---

Contributor Yariv
Contributor
Message 6 of 8
(1,180 Views)

A verizon agent convinced me to switch from Time warmer. And was also promised with 50 dollar gift card for self install. to cover the activation fee of 63 dollars. I've called twice and promised to get after 3 weeks. But nothing...came .. I think I've been deceive...

Verizon is deceiving their customers...all along.......I may cancel my fios service because of this deception......

Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Message 7 of 8
(1,165 Views)

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Message 8 of 8
(1,164 Views)

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.