switching back to cox
momjackie4
Enthusiast - Level 1

every month my bill is different. All i want is the same service and the same price every month. I am tired of renting boxes, a ten dollar discount here and there for different reasons. Free movies for 3 months. I want cable in every room with hd on the tv's that have that option, all of the movie stations and one dvr that can be watched on other tv's. And I want it to be under TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS!  (tax included) If there is a cable company that will do this, then they will have my business.

Re: switching back to cox
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@momjackie4 wrote:

If there is a cable company that will do this, then they will have my business.

Just so you know..

#1 Verizon is not a cable company.

#2 To be more Specific:

a) Direct TV Service - which is Satellite.

OR

b) FIOS TV Service - which is Fiber to the House.

^^

0 Likes
Re: switching back to cox
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Funny thing, I have exactly that with 35/35 internet to boot for less than $200/month and for the last several months, my bill has been exactly the same each time (of course, any promotions or other items which reduce the overall cost are bonuses and I don't complain about them lowering my bill from one month to the next).   It can be confusing to figure the bill out the first few months, but after all the changes and promotions expire, it stays consistently at the same amount month to month.

As for renting STB's, that's the way everyone is going ... it's a recurring revenue stream for TV content providers that allows them to encrypt their signal to prevent unauthorized taps and theft.   I found with FiOS that even with the box rental, my TV package rate was the same or less than the local cable provider -- which artificially inflates the base price of their services and their STB's to make up for the locations which don't happen to have on.   

0 Likes